+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm sorry to see Eddie go. At least there were bro hugs all around, LOL.

It was intriguing watching Natasha and Krissi putting down their differences and nailing the challenge. And Krissi's good-bye to Bri was kind of sweet. Are they giving her a better edit lately?
    Here's what Krissi said about Bri on Facebook: "Aww. Bri and I fought like sisters. I love her to death though. She's good people."

And to see how well she stifled her "Philly attitude" and worked with Natasha last night was impressive. She KNEW who the more experienced sushi chef was, and wisely took the smart way to advance in the competition. And - let's be honest - Natasha recognized as well that fighting with Krissi during that challenge wasn't going to be to her own benefit. Maybe now that they've seen that they don't have to be enemies, they can at least be tolerant of each other.

It all just shows all the creative editing/acting that goes on.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Luca's plan backfired on him but I liked that he won the challenge.
    Me too, and it leads me to an annoying issue comment.

I'm REALLY tired of these guys going "you go and try to get me out, so I'm coming after you for blood" type comments.

It would be SO refreshing to see these guys go "Thank you for seeing me as a threat, and I'll show you just WHY I am" instead and leave it there. Natasha did do this ... only to then do the "I'm out for blood from a turnip and you're doing the squeezing Luca" bit.

Personally, I do think Luca's choosing of the teams the way he did was not just to "eliminate competition" but a sign of respect that these guys were threats. Same goes for just about everyone.

But he's also one of the few who admits that he failed in his mission and is humbled about it. The others seem to get prissy when things don't work in their favor.

(And I'll admit - out of the three plates, I'd only try Natasha and Krissi's).

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It all just shows all the creative editing
    One scene that obviously was left out. After Jessi's parents are kibitzing/trashing Jessi's in-progress work from the balcony, Jessi looking up at them and screaming, "SHUT THE #@#$ UP!!!"

lol
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.

I guess I tune in to see who cooks what, and how. I don't care about the rest , its all part of the show. I love the whole cooking under pressure tests.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Yup I want to see a pressure cooker
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 08-01-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Brooks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I, too, think the pressure tests are the best part of the show. I am always amazed at how "home cooks" actually know how to even begin some of the challenges. Eclairs? Sushi?

James has been my favorite since the first episode. They haven't concentrated on him much which can be good or bad when it comes to editing of reality tv. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I am always amazed at how "home cooks" actually know how to even begin some of the challenges.
    I don't see how they could know as much as they're showing. Like the penthouse buttered lobster challenge. There must be some tutorial for some of this. Does anyone have any inside scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I, too, think the pressure tests are the best part of the show. I am always amazed at how "home cooks" actually know how to even begin some of the challenges. Eclairs? Sushi?

James has been my favorite since the first episode. They haven't concentrated on him much which can be good or bad when it comes to editing of reality tv. Hmmm....
    I have loved James from the beginning too!

I have always wondered just how they know to make certain things. They have to be given some type of guidance beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I have loved James from the beginning too!

I have always wondered just how they know to make certain things. They have to be given some type of guidance beforehand.
    You keep forgetting, its myboyfriend James you speak of

I think they are taught ahead of time( or I should say shown) some things like filleting the fish like Krissie did, I think she knew that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You keep forgetting, its myboyfriend James you speak of

I think they are taught ahead of time( or I should say shown) some things like filleting the fish like Krissie did, I think she knew that
    Now, can't we share???

I think there are basics they aren't shown, probably fileting a fish as chefs should know that (it amazes me how many don't) and other things they get a basic run down.

+ Reply to Thread