+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

That episode screamed rigged for Bri to leave. It turned out that she got no advantage of all because of the team switching ploy, but instead was put at a disadvantage.

The retention of Krissie has made this show unwatchable for me. I am not entertained by that kind of drama/conflict. The things she says and her constant smirk are vile. A role model for her son she is not other than in how to be a bully.

I'm also disturbed by how they try to eliminate their strongest competitors. In a "game" where the goal is to find the most talented person with the best skills, I would think you would want to beat the best, not the weakest. That holds true for me whether it is cooking, singing, dancing, designing, etc.
    Last edited by Florimel; 07-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    libgirl2, Cornholio and JohnnyK like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by fanny mare View Post
    luca isn't a particularly a good cook imho, they are keeping him around because he is likable .he still reminds me of manuel from fawlty towers
    omg! Yes!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Somewhat disappointed for all the reasons already given. Some win challenges and get immunity; some win and get to put their competitors at a disadvantage; some win and get to pick a strong team...Bri wins and gets f'ed. :-( Didn't particularly like her any more or less than the others but that was BS.

I also notice that no one has been offered a job, like whatshisname, Mr. Urban Legend in His Own Mind last season.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I also notice that no one has been offered a job, like whatshisname, Mr. Urban Legend in His Own Mind last season.
    I thought Joe offered Cathy a job? (Short woman who competed in a final 2 challenge in Las Vegas against Luca with lobster)

Finally watched Wednesday's episode. I have to say, Krissi is just distasteful to watch. The sneering, the swearing.... I do give her kudos for making the pasta. I much preferred her when she was quiet and cooking. I just look away when she starts talking.

Natasha has really toned down. I thought she would be the one I wouldn't like, not so. She probably started out as the bad guy, but Krissi pretty much took the role from her.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Finally watched Wednesday's episode. I have to say, Krissi is just distasteful to watch. The sneering, the swearing.... I do give her kudos for making the pasta. I much preferred her when she was quiet and cooking. I just look away when she starts talking.

Natasha has really toned down. I thought she would be the one I wouldn't like, not so. She probably started out as the bad guy, but Krissi pretty much took the role from her.
    I don't ever recall her quiet and cooking
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't ever recall her quiet and cooking

LOl! Wednesday night there were few moments when she was making the pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I thought Joe offered Cathy a job? (Short woman who competed in a final 2 challenge in Las Vegas against Luca with lobster)
    That wasn't Joe who offered Kathy a job, though, it was Gordon, and she's confirmed on Twitter that she's accepted it. Now, Bime wasn't offered a job by the judges, but after his performance on the show, it seems he was offered a job as a chef in a restaurant, which he also accepted and is currently working on, as we can see here:

g12c000000000000000772a21acd7f2b84e221da639af7f046383ca59d8.jpg

FORT Fogey

Good for him. I suspected that it is the Stoneforge Tavern in Raynham by the logo on the hat. Sure enough, they match. The show certainly gave his food career a boost

WTG Bime I liked him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread