+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I agree. Brie gained no advantage whatsoever from winning last week's challenge. Seems unfair, even though I'm not sure having the other team would have made a difference. Krissi seemed to play nice though.

I hate any twist that lets teammates save the worst competitor in order to take out better cooks. Krissi probably wouldn't have gone home anyway with that baking challenge, but still, it's the principle of the thing. Let the losing team captain save some one - they'll send up a good cook so they can compete against the lesser (at least perceived lesser) cooks. That's the way it should be.
    I agree with this entire post. Not only has Brie proven to be a stronger cook overall than Krissi... she's a heck of a whole lot more likeable. In a real world, Krissi and Luca are bottom two. Well, maybe next week. *sighs*

Jordan doing better on the bake than Jessie really showed me that he is the dark horse of this competition. He just needs to keep his nerves in check and not overthink things.

I think a top five of Jessie, Natasha (don't like her but she can cook), James, Eddie and Jordan is what makes sense right now. And it's a formidible top five. But I would not be surprised in the least if two of these get knocked out for the popular Luca and dramatic Krissi.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think a top five of Jessie, Natasha (don't like her but she can cook), James, Eddie and Jordan is what makes sense right now. And it's a formidible top five. But I would not be surprised in the least if two of these get knocked out for the popular Luca and dramatic Krissi.
    I think we will see a "shocking" elimination in favor of Luca or Krissi staying. The top 5 are quite strong and with the exception of Natasha, I actually like all of them. Now, I like Luca, but he has had too many problems.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think we will see a "shocking" elimination in favor of Luca or Krissi staying. The top 5 are quite strong and with the exception of Natasha, I actually like all of them. Now, I like Luca, but he has had too many problems.
    Luca isn't a particularly a good cook imho, they are keeping him around because he is likable .He still reminds me of Manuel from fawlty towers
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I call foul here big time:

1. Bri wins a challenge, then loses the advantage because they have the teams swap that she chose. If they're going to swap teams, give the person another advantage, maybe immunity, or at the very least a "get out of one pressure test free" card.

2. I think in regard to the first point, the judges CHOSE to do a swap on them because they wanted Krissi and Bri to be on the same team.

3. In the pressure test, they SUDDENLY let the other team choose who to save, knowing most would save Krissi because she is an admittedly weak cook compared to the other three.

4. Bri is eliminated over someone who didn't have filling in their pastry. She may have had slightly undercooked pastries; however, I rank a pastry MISSING an important part of the dish worse because that means it's missing a flavor.

I like Luca and he can cook, not as well as the others but still he's better than Krissi. I can't see him in the final five though unless the others have a major fiasco.

Expect Krissi to preen that she's the better cook and make fun of Bri leaving (even if for cameras, never mind that she had her butt saved BECAUSE she's seen as weak - nothing more, nothing less.

Luca I see as a dark horse for the final five, but if Krissi makes it I will further believe this show is rigged. She shouldn't even SMELL that white chef jacket you get in the final two.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock
    Bri is eliminated over someone who didn't have filling in their pastry. She may have had slightly undercooked pastries; however, I rank a pastry MISSING an important part of the dish worse because that means it's missing a flavor.
    Jadewarlock I agree with your other points but not really this one. Bri was also missing cream in the center of her pastries. To me, at least Jessie's were edible looking, but soggy pastry is just gross.

Bris éclairs looked awful, and she knew it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Jadewarlock I agree with your other points but not really this one. Bri was also missing cream in the center of her pastries. To me, at least Jessie's were edible looking, but soggy pastry is just gross.
    OK, that is fair, but here is my question to all three of them... why didn't they use a wooden dowel to get into the center of the pastry first THEN fill it with cream?

Cooking I'm a klutz but even I can stick one of these through the center of it, and gently turn said pastry around to make sure I don't smush it before I fill it.

Then you get the center of the thing filled.

Honestly, I'm not going to say Bri nor any of them wouldn't have been in the pressure test... BUT the judges manipulated the results of who ended up in this one with my other comments.

Totally, jadewarlock... I didn't even think of using a dowel, I've never tried that. Usually pastry puffs up enough that that it will fill even from the end. None of them had wonderful pastry that way. What I was wondering was why they didn't fill it from either end and from the middle as well? You get three small holes, but at least there is filling in your entire pastry.

Oh you'd had all three of the judges saying: "I don't care if you got filing all the way through...You've messed up the pastry putting in three holes"
    Brooks likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought Jordan was OK with his filling....as I thought I heard one of the judges ask J. if he used a straw to get the filling in deeper...Jessie said that the tip was only 2 inches so that was why she couldn't get the filling in.

+ Reply to Thread