+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Eddie continues to be a top contender. I am so glad James is safe. If he goes before Krissi, I might have to stop watching the show! Not everyone can win, but some deserve to be around longer then others.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

After all the discussion about Bri here, now all I can see when I look at her is Sandra Bullock pre-makeover in Love Potion #9. So, thanks for that.

Reason #236 why I could never be a chef - I detest mushrooms. Yuck. Yucky. Yucko. Watching the challenge was interesting though. I wasn't that surprised with who left.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I felt this episode was more than a little over-dramatic and the judges picked a bottom three based on the fact they wanted to underscore and be dramatic about Eddie's choices. I mean, COME ON! You cannot tell me for one minute that Jame's dish was worse than than that awful looking cat turd soup that Luca put on a plate. I love Luca but the judges are keeping him around for absolutely no reason other than his charm. His sausages exploded and his soup looked horrific and they even said the black truffle oil was a mistake, so his flavours were off too.
    We're not dumb and I hate it when they are assuming we are... it seems Krissi will stay as long as people hate her (who won't want to watch Krissi get her butt handed to her by a favourite at some point?) and they'll keep Luca because we love him. Bethy has been consistent compared to a couple of others, and it sucks she is gone.

As long as Luca is being adorable and Krissi is being a b*tch they'll stay around. Production knows what it is doing, but when they get this transparent, it annoys the heck out of me.

ETA: it is becoming obvious that Bri is Krissi's arch-enemy as editing would have it. It seems then that Bri will be the one to see Krissi's demise.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 07-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    Kip, Dragonlady and Cornholio like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Yeah, Eddie made the most of his advantage! I was surprised, too, at how the ones with the fresh mushrooms messed up!

I was a bit annoyed at their exact criticisms of James' dish. They kept saying how it was too thick & one of them mentioned the word soup. But didn't James say it was a chowder? And isn't chowder supposed to be thicker than soup?
    I think I heard chowder too - but they may have used soup as a way to try to wake him up and realize simpler is better. Hopefully the wake up call being in the bottom three will help him.

My understanding is chowder is cream based, and thick while soup is usually made with a broth and much thinner the next thing would be stew which is very thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Eddie was very smart in his choices. I am not sure if he planned it as carefully as it turned out, though.
    I think he didn't confuse Luca too much - and he was a potential target. While Luca could've done better, they didn't say that the mushrooms tasted canned, just nix the truffle (another mushroom BTW) oil.

I knew Bri was winner the minute I saw her dish. That is how to do mushrooms for them to be the star. I do something similar when I can get fancy mushrooms. No sauce, just buttery grilled goodness.
    I've sliced up portabella mushrooms (the fanciest I can get) and scrambled them with eggs. They tasted really good. But the way to make the dishes shine for each kind were some sort of ravioli for the canned and what Bri made for the fresh. I think here Eddie wanted her to shine and try to put Krissie in her place.

I love sausage of all kinds (kielbasa excluded) so I wanted to taste all of them! The breakfast chicken and fresh mozzerella interested me the most. I wanted the entire plate! I forget who won that one and I deleted. Who was it?
    The question has been answered, but I wanted to say I agreed on the sausage. Some of those meats sounded good. It was good to see though none of the sausages split (at least what we saw) and none looked undercooked. I really thought these guys may have trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I felt this episode was more than a little over-dramatic and the judges picked a bottom three based on the fact they wanted to underscore and be dramatic about Eddie's choices. I mean, COME ON! You cannot tell me for one minute that Jame's dish was worse than than that awful looking cat turd soup that Luca put on a plate. I love Luca but the judges are keeping him around for absolutely no reason other than his charm. His sausages exploded and his soup looked horrific and they even said the black truffle oil was a mistake, so his flavours were off too.
    In fairness - and ONLY fairness, with Luca and Krissie you could taste the mushrooms. Bethy's they couldn't and James' they said tasted like canned mushrooms. It's pretty near impossible to actually have that happen, so it was that bad of a cook.

I agree though on Luca's not looking appetizing. He isn't long for this show, but I think they want the bully Krissie out first.

And on Krissie - does she realize that her commentary is going to affect her in the real world, especially ones about wanting to hit folk?
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 07-18-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

And on Krissie - does she realize that her commentary is going to affect her in the real world, especially ones about wanting to hit folk?
    She probably is trying to parlay this into a reality/celeb career and we know there are plenty of hateful people in that line of work. Can anyone say Kate Gosselin?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    We're not dumb and I hate it when they are assuming we are... it seems Krissi will stay as long as people hate her (who won't want to watch Krissi get her butt handed to her by a favourite at some point?) and they'll keep Luca because we love him. Bethy has been consistent compared to a couple of others, and it sucks she is gone.

As long as Luca is being adorable and Krissi is being a b*tch they'll stay around. Production knows what it is doing, but when they get this transparent, it annoys the heck out of me.

ETA: it is becoming obvious that Bri is Krissi's arch-enemy as editing would have it. It seems then that Bri will be the one to see Krissi's demise.
    I agree with the part I've bolded. It was so obvious!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love James but his chowder looked more like a thick stew - when one of the judges took a spoonful, it left a hole.

Bethy? I don't even remember her.

Agreed that Luca's mushrooms looked awful. Like a cat turd? Please! My cat's turds look better than that. Since it tasted good, it probably should have been hidden in pasta.
    libgirl2 and spockwhat like this.

I am glad I recorded it. I woke up and James, James!! was in the bottom three.

I liked Bethy, I never thought she was going to win. Eddie, it was only last week we remembered there was an Eddie
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't put Eddie in my chef pool but I put him as my boyfriend reserve (along with Howard). I guess I should have given him more credit.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread