+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really like Bri and think she's a really good cook.
    But ......I wish she would stop whining about being a vegetarian and not knowing how to cook meat. Surely, she knew when she tried out for the show that cooking meat was part of it and that's not a good excuse. Can't forget that last year's winner couldn't even see!
    If you google Bri Kozior you can find her actor's page on StarNow.com. I would have put in the link here but wasn't sure if it is allowed. Lets say, while she can cook, she isn't quite the geek she is portrayed as being. It also confirms my suspicions that most of the people on these shows are actors.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    If you google Bri Kozior you can find her actor's page on StarNow.com. I would have put in the link here but wasn't sure if it is allowed. Lets say, while she can cook, she isn't quite the geek she is portrayed as being. It also confirms my suspicions that most of the people on these shows are actors.
    I've seen these accusations elsewhere and to be honest? That person doesn't even look like her. I put the photos side by side and the only resemblance is that they both have dark hair and dark eyes. I know the name is not all that common so not sure how there can be two women with the same name but stranger things have happened.

The noses and mouths look different too plus I think this other woman is younger than her?

I don't know, I'm just not sure it's her.

(Although they are both from PA and both in theater....so maybe it is her?)

Either way, those photos are modeling photos and glammed up. Maybe the way she is on this show is the way she is in real life. I don't see anything wrong with that and to me it is understandable. I don't think she's pretending to be anything. She never pretended to be a geek, the show just chose to edit her that way. Clearly she is not a geek given how easily she stood up to Krassy.

Her modeling (if it is her) started in 2010 and it is very low budget and/or local stuff. Her acting is unpaid parts in local theater productions. Her dancing is school productions.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I looked through those pics and compared one with a big smile to the photo on Master Chef. IMHO, it's the same girl.
    spockwhat likes this.

She might not dress glam every day, but it does look like her.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Figures. Now wasn't there another past MC contestant who was also an actor? Just last season? Or maybe it was Hell's Kitchen.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It looks a little like her, how old are the pics? She looks super young there( if it his her )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Monti Carlo was a radio personality and - I believe - stand-up comic.

LOL I don't think it looks like her but the name isn't common and they are from the same state so it probably is.

However, calling her a professional actor/model is really stretching it. Look at her credits, it's all local stuff at her college.

Is anybody surprised that the majority of these people on reality shows are in the business or trying to be in the business? Haven't there been articles about these shows going to casting agencies looking for reality tv "stars"?

The difference with this show is that regardless if they are somehow connected to acting or not, they still have to be able to cook.

I don't really see the big deal here and sort of feel like it's a way to deflect attention off of Krassy (that these things have suddenly come to light and are being shown). Bri never said she was meek, mild, a geek, a nobody. Did she? People just assumed it by the way she is dressed. That can still be her everyday persona and the other is what she looks like "fixed" up. She's not responsible for people assuming she was one thing because of the editing. The show wanted her to be perceived the way she dressed, I wonder how many other times she stood up for herself or said something that didn't go in line the image they gave her and they edited it out?

They only showed this blow up because it goes in line with the new edit they are giving her and the way they want us all to hate Krassy (not that she needs any help in that area).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

There is a former NFL'er on this show. Why should there not be a community/regional theater actress? Ninety percent of actors have to hold down day jobs just to survive.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Monti Carlo was a radio personality and - I believe - stand-up comic.
    That's who I was thinking of, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    There is a former NFL'er on this show. Why should there not be a community/regional theater actress? Ninety percent of actors have to hold down day jobs just to survive.
    Then why not just say who you are and not fabricate a character for a (ha-ha) reality show? It's insulting to the viewers.
    Duckyface likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread