+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I did see above that Joyhnny-the team leader went home. How did that happen??
    Jonny wasn't the team leader...James was. It came down to the mararon challenge (and yeah, I was amazed that they didn't know how to pronounce it). Jonny and Lynn, in their head-to-head challenge, had to make 12 macarons that had to fit in the supplied box, and Jonny slammed the box shut to get them all in (thus destroying them). It was one of those disastrous "not thinking" deals.

ibot - I got James and Jonny confused too. :p

I really wanted Lynn to leave. His performance in the kitchen at the wedding was appalling and disgusting.

I also thought that the team leaders didn't understand the "leave at the altar" thing. Or maybe just that it was a double-edged sword. They all picked who they perceived to be the weakest team member to sit out because they wanted to win the challenge. BUT, they also gave a free pass to those weak players by removing them from threat of elimination. I sure bet that James wished he'd made Lynn sit out!!! I did think it was funny that those two got to attend the reception and enjoy the food. Fun for them!! LOL.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I learned something from you all this morning. I was confused when they called those cookies "macaroons." I can make macaroons, and they look nothing like what they made last night. Had never heard of "macarons." Thanks for the education!
    Photobabe likes this.

I was so confused. I thought they were very strange looking macaroons! I had never heard of macarons before. I think I will go look up recipes for macarons. They were very pretty.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Seriously, even the pros aren't getting the name of the cookie correct? Macaron, not macarOOn! Macaroons are the lumpy coconut things; macarons are the delicate pastel French "sandwich" cookies.
    Arrrggghhhh!!!
    I was wondering because I've never seen a macaroon like those on the show last night! My mom and I used to get macaroons at Dunkin Donuts and they were like coconut and egg white nests. I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to make those cookies because I haven't had them before.

I'm glad the contestants didn't have to do the whole challenge blindfolded. Christine had had her whole life to get used to cooking without sight. It's totally new to the contestants. On top of that, with the time constraint, they were just asking for people to get serious cuts and burns from cooking without being able to see. When I saw the previews of this episode on the commercials, I was thinking what a stupid challenge.

I wouldn't have my wedding catered by people on a reality show. I wonder if the couple got a serious kickback, like the show paying for their whole reception. Or maybe this "wedding" was a reenactment of their actual wedding day. Sort of like renewing your vows and getting to be on tv at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I dust catfish with flour and saute it in butter and it never tastes like mud. I was stunned when Gordon said that! Before catfish became available in fish markets as a valued product, it was used in food chains for fried fish dinners and sandwiches. No mud taste there either. It is a mild white fish.
    It depends though where you get the catfish from, and they do tend to stay closer to the mud so they can get that mud taste. Where I live I've had the misfortune of one slightly muddy tasting catfish in a restaurant, but the person didn't know how to cut nor prepare it. It is rare I'll grant you that, and I think here it happened.

Of course with Krissi's "I don't give a care" attitude, they'd probably said it tasted like mud regardless in an attempt to put her on the straight and narrow. It's been one of TWO times I feel that they should've just up and eliminated a contestant regardless. Admittedly Beth still could've been eliminated, but Krissi deserved it with that attitude. There were at least 70 (?) cooks who'd given their eye teeth to attempt to cook a catfish plate to please the trio who are home watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    OMG this is going downhill fast. Again with Joe screaming-----but to drop the food out of his mouth into the trash made him look so classless and crude.
    It's disgusting - absolutely vile. Ramsay (only when it's REALLY bad, as happened last night on a dish) and Graham (also rarely - if at all) have done the same thing, but they are classy enough to spit the food in a napkin and then throw it away.

If I were the producers, I'd tell Joe "You can hate the food/spit it out, but start showing etiquette or you're fired." If he refused, fire him and put in another judge - shoot even have the old contestants be the third wheel (or have the winners do it). I'm sure they'd love a chance to come back and see it from the judges side why they chose/didn't choose some dishes over others.

Even Jeff Foxworthy on the American Baking Competition knows the difference between a macaron and a macaroon. (Evidently my spell checker does not because it wants me to change it to macaroon! LOL)

I'm done with this show.

I hate Hell's Kitchen. I have no interest in watching people being belittled, berated, and insulted. I do not find that entertaining. Now I have room on my DVR for the baking competition.

This show needs to remember that these are amateur cooks (home cooks) and the way they are treating them is inexcusable.
    Florimel, libgirl2 and Duckyface like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I enjoyed Joe putting Krissie in her place, he face went all pink and sour. I am just sad they didn't send her home
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm still enjoying the show immensely and I don't mind one bit when the judges dish it to the contestants. A number of these contestants can dish it out themselves (to each other) so whatever.
    My favourites are still in it and I'm having a hard time calling a final two because of the overall quality of the contestants. The only stellar performer so far has been Jessie and I would be shocked if she goes home early. I'm bummed that Luca has been performing poorly of late... I want to keep hearing him talk.

And when did James get kind of hot? I now have a couple of Jameses to love because the one on American Baking Competition is kind of hot too. And they both have great P.I's!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread