+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

I think the middle folks have gotten less face time than usual-----

I wish we had their pictures, like they have for other shows. Yes, its Savannah! thanks Mesa, glad I wasn't alone spockwhat
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think the middle folks have gotten less face time than usual-----
    Its strange to me. They are doing the same with The bachelorette, I am not sure some of them knew they were there, let alone us
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think I even need to go into what a horrible person Krissi is and what a gross example she's setting for her son, especially when compared to Bime, who's been a class act. Krissi's easily the nastiest, most vile person in this show's history. I mean, there's been jerks in every season, though their jerkiness can vary. Season 1 had Sharone and David, season 2 had Christian, Suzy and Max, season 3 had Ryan, Tali, Becky and Josh, now season 4 has Natasha, Jordan and Krissi. But Krissi's the worst of them all.

I just read an interview too, it turns out Bime had warned the team that some of the chickens were raw but Krissi decided to send them out anyway. Also, Krissi insisted the chicken be put in a salt water brine, which made the team waste 20 minutes and that's why they had run out of chicken at one point and why some raw ones were sent out. Couple that with how Krissi failed to notice Jordan's terrible salmon, and there is no doubt what a terrible team captain Krissi was.
    Ellen, Kip, mesachick and 1 others like this.

I keep forgetting this show is on...must add it to my dvr.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I'm with all of you about Krissi.....I liked her in the beginning and then gradually found her less and less appealing.
    I got really tired of the "single mother" routine, that seemed like wanting everyone to know how "hard" she had it. Often women are single mothers because they made bad choices so I don't automatically give them extra credit and sympathy because of that fact.
    I didn't hear Christine, last season, keep talking about being blind and that's a lot harder than being a single mom.
    Krissi now comes off as a bitter angry woman. She was horrible on this episode. It's okay to try to eliminate your biggest competitors...it's a game. But have some decency in how you do it.
    Ellen, sunshine3331 and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm with all of you about Krissi.....I liked her in the beginning and then gradually found her less and less appealing.
    I got really tired of the "single mother" routine, that seemed like wanting everyone to know how "hard" she had it. Often women are single mothers because they made bad choices...
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-22-2013 at 03:01 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well this is a situation.. Paula Deen is supposed to be on MasterChef this season.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

To return to the Howard dismissal, I think some of that ugly ending was to have a reason to get rid of him rather than Lynn---whose food showed that he did indeed miss the presentation and had no idea how to make it.

By personally attacking him and then having GR do that introduction to the dismissal, Howard left on his own and the three did not have to announce that Lynn had a better product when he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    To return to the Howard dismissal, I think some of that ugly ending was to have a reason to get rid of him rather than Lynn---whose food showed that he did indeed miss the presentation and had no idea how to make it.

By personally attacking him and then having GR do that introduction to the dismissal, Howard left on his own and the three did not have to announce that Lynn had a better product when he did not.
    Good point, though Howard's dish didn't sound too get either.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread