+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    This is starting back up tonight. Is anyone, besides me, going to watch?
    Not the same night it airs, no, because I have to get up so dang blasted early lol. But yes, over the weekend I catch up. Can't wait! I love this show and love seeing a somewhat softer and kinder version of Ramsey.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I thought it was going to be a Sharone/Lee finale (or even Mike). Just that everytime Whitney aka Pastry Princess lands in bottom 2, they give them a dessert challenge which would surely make her win the battle. Thought that was a bit suspicious.

I'm going to watch this one again.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    You know, I wasn't actually planning to watch this show again. Mainly because the "FOX editing method" attempts to create too much faux drama instead of focusing on the contestants, the food and the judge commentary. However, I may give it a shot.
    It's actually SUPER tolerable now, much better than AI or AGT when they present the sob story, it's actually pretty efficiently compared to those 2 imo.

I totally love that one chef (Joe?) the one that does Italian food or something. I watched on and off. I'm not a big fan of competition shows but I like watching his critiques.

FORT Regular

i hate the fat one, he's like mr softee (no pun intended) he lets anyone through and gordan and the bald guy have to step up and say no, no.

FORT Fogey

I love this show! I think the judges balance each other well.

there were several I liked. Truck driver guy who made the mahi mahi and the guy with the long hair and piercing who made his own chorizo.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    there were several I liked. Truck driver guy who made the mahi mahi and the guy with the long hair and piercing who made his own chorizo.
    Chorizo? Is that what he said? That is a sausage that cannot be made on the spot. I thought he made a loose fresh sausage from pork belly and other cuts of pork. I liked him, very much whatever he named that sausage! I also like the guy who used chemistry. The intense woman who made the soft shell crab is another I have my eye on. I liked her.

This is the first season I'm getting to watch this show, and I have to say it is refreshing to see Gordon's softer side. Personally, I think he has these two sides for a reason (and not drama) - with the MasterChefs, some of them do not know how to do some proper steps and are learning. The one who make "Hell's Kitchen" should know a lot of the basics that he yells them out for.

I agree on the middle man in the judge's line up - sometimes I think he's a bit too soft-hearted and says yes all the time. While that is not always the case, he just feels like the Paula of the three, i.e. can't say anything too bad about the contestant.

What I find immensely funny is seeing the times where they go back for seconds and the like of the dish. That has to be a huge compliment to the people watching it at home now - even if they're eliminated fairly quickly. It shows that they do have the skills and such, and may have only cracked under the pressure of the contest - which are two totally different things.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    What I find immensely funny is seeing the times where they go back for seconds and the like of the dish. That has to be a huge compliment to the people watching it at home now - even if they're eliminated fairly quickly. It shows that they do have the skills and such, and may have only cracked under the pressure of the contest - which are two totally different things.
    I LOVE when they show this. It's one of my favorite parts. Just the pros standing around discussing what they like about the food without having the contestant hovering nearby.

I liked Mahi Mahi guy, and alligator guy (from the first night). None of the ladies (other than the Scots woman who charmed Gordon) have stood out for me so far. I hate seeing them grovel and usually tune them out then and ther.

+ Reply to Thread