+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I haven't liked Krissi from day one and each new episode strengthens that dislike. She has a mouth like a sewer and she spews nothing but venom. She gloats over the ouster of another competitor probably more than I can recall anyone doing in any season of this show. The other contestants at least show a little compassion and sympathy even if some of them don't mean it. Then she says she's doing it all for her son, as if she's the only one of them with children, while giving him the best example of how to be a bully and like it. I'll take Natasha over Krissi in a New York minute.
    I just wish there was less nastiness to begin with. I don't mind people being determined to win, but some of them are just over the top, eye rolling mean and arrogant.
    Ellen likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Krissi? Awful. Bloated outside and in. It would be great to see her suffer the same fate as "Food Network Star"'s Danushka. The sooner, the better.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Hypocritical ฿!∏₡ḧ indeed!
    Ellen likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Krissi? Awful. Bloated outside and in. It would be great to see her suffer the same fate as "Food Network Star"'s Danushka. The sooner, the better.
    When we first saw Krissi with her son, I actually was hoping she would do well... she seemed so real. I still have a hard time with this Krissi and the one we first met.
    march and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    When we first saw Krissi with her son, I actually was hoping she would do well... she seemed so real. I still have a hard time with this Krissi and the one we first met.
    I missed that . I wonder which one is the true one I always think they are given a part to play.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Most eventual villains start with likeable auditions. Like Christian from two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I missed that . I wonder which one is the true one I always think they are given a part to play.
    I wonder how much is hiding their true selves and how much is "casting".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    With all due respect...

I still think Joe snapped because it all began with disrespect toward his mother. If not, Gordon's comments about Lidia make no sense within the context of the conversation...as somebody upthread has already said. The "cutesy" and "intelligent" remarks, by Joe, were his blowing off steam and putting Howard in his place. It was Joe's defense mechanism kicking in.

That said, I agree with Howard about 15 dishes all being the same. He had a good point.

Oh, and I agree with many of you about Krissie. She's a mess and needs to go.
    We actually agree. His disrespect was his refusal to replicate the dish (the assignment), not an edited comment of disrespect. He had a point but this challange was to replicate the dish, not go off on a creative tangent. When you rewatch you hear them say that they are to duplicate it. She gave suggestions for the filling which would give them creative liscense within the framework of the traditional concept.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 06-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Most eventual villains start with likeable auditions. Like Christian from two seasons ago.
    Last night I too thought how Krissi was like Christian. And...I'm thinking they may keep Krissi around for a long time for the drama, but that they'll never let anyone that viewers dislike win. Judging food is too subjective. Unless one finalist burns everything, the producers/judges can have whomever they want win.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    We actually agree. His disrespect was his refusal to replicate the dish (the assignment), not an edited comment of disrespect. He had a point but this challange was to replicate the dish, not go off on a creative tangent. When you rewatch you hear them say that they are to duplicate it. She gave suggestions for the filling which would give them creative liscense within the framework of the traditional concept.
    But if his disrespect was his refusal to replicate the dish, why wasn't Joe has harsh on the maple syrup guy? IMO, that was worse than Howard's rendition.

Lidia said they could use several different things for fillings. I don't recall her talking about the seasoning - mild, spicy, etc. - and I don't recall any comments about seasonings other than Lynn's being unseasoned, and Howard's use of cumin and jalapeno. Howard did take a risk - sometimes on these shows you're rewarded for doing something different and sometimes punished, and sometimes the new concoction just doesn't work. It might have been stupid on Howard's part, but I don't see it as being disrespectful.
    Uncle David and ibot2much like this.

+ Reply to Thread