+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Nothing more than a gut feeling on my part but...

I think it's what Howard said, and wasn't shown, and not what he produced that got him kicked off the show.

I've watched a lot of reality tv and it's important to read between the lines of the editing. Howard was probably disrespectful in his remarks toward Lydia....big time. The reason I say this isn't because of what Joe said (although he seemed over the top angry and most likely defending his mother) but because of what Gordon said later. The line I'm thinking of was something like... "Lydia has been a renowned chef/cook/in the food industry for 60 years and has a stellar reputation etc. etc. etc." His words told me something big went down but it wasn't shown on tv because it was borderline outrageous and an embarrassment to everyone involved . It's also why the judges left it up to Howard to remove his apron. Howard knew his time was up and he only had himself to blame...due to his ignorance and arrogance.

Granted, I could be wrong but it was all soooooo oddly edited that I think something like this happened.

Another form of editing that was obvious was Krissi and her laughing. Sure, she probably giggled and laughed a few times but the editors kept showing the same laugh over and over again to make it appear that she was enjoying a giant laugh fest all the way through the pie challenge. I doubt that happened.
    Regarding Krassi and her laughing - I don't believe it was edited at all.

Don't forget she was also making comments. One of the other contestants turned toward her when Bimi was getting ousted and said "this is so hard to watch" as Bimi was tearing up. Krassi remarked "no it's not" and continued to laugh. Can't wait til the shrew is gone!
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Gordon's exact words to Jesse, "you have a target on your back because you look good; you are in the competition because you cook good, never forget that." I agree that Krissy's comment next week could very well be about Jesse winning again.

I just rewatched Howard being let go. I see why now. I had nothing to do with Lidia. Joe said, you are here putting your spin on everything you make because you want to show us how cutesy and intelligent you are. If you were smart you would duplicate a plate. I am paraphrasing. Howard said, what? Do you want 15 of the same dishes? Something small in Joe snapped.

I am sure all the judges had had it with him and agreed and any more show of attitude and he was out. Same thing is going to happen with Krissy. Her laughing on the balcony did not go unnoticed. I think both Howard and Krissy have shown Natasha to tone it down. Just watch, she will watch her tongue from now on. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Gordon's exact words to Jesse, "you have a target on your back because you look good; you are in the competition because you cook good, never forget that." I agree that Krissy's comment next week could very well be about Jesse winning again.

I just rewatched Howard being let go. I see why now. I had nothing to do with Lidia. Joe said, you are here putting your spin on everything you make because you want to show us how cutesy and intelligent you are. If you were smart you would duplicate a plate. I am paraphrasing. Howard said, what? Do you want 15 of the same dishes? Something small in Joe snapped.

I am sure all the judges had had it with him and agreed and any more show of attitude and he was out. Same thing is going to happen with Krissy. Her laughing on the balcony did not go unnoticed. I think both Howard and Krissy have shown Natasha to tone it down. Just watch, she will watch her tongue from now on. Maybe.
    Howard always looked like HE would snap at any time. He was very brittle. I agree with mesa, Krissie is a shrew
    Shoepie and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

...I had nothing to do with Lidia....
    With all due respect...

I still think Joe snapped because it all began with disrespect toward his mother. If not, Gordon's comments about Lidia make no sense within the context of the conversation...as somebody upthread has already said. The "cutesy" and "intelligent" remarks, by Joe, were his blowing off steam and putting Howard in his place. It was Joe's defense mechanism kicking in.

That said, I agree with Howard about 15 dishes all being the same. He had a good point.

Oh, and I agree with many of you about Krissie. She's a mess and needs to go.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 06-20-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Here you all go - straight from the man himself - Masterchef recap Blog by Joe

Personally, when I first started watching this show, I used to really despise Joe. However, over the seasons he has won me over. Yes, he's a condescending a$$ much of the time, BUT he very frequently tells contestants that they've won him over or really impressed him, etc. He's not so egotistical that he won't recant an opinion when someone does well.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Here you all go - straight from the man himself - Masterchef recap Blog by Joe

Personally, when I first started watching this show, I used to really despise Joe. However, over the seasons he has won me over. Yes, he's a condescending a$$ much of the time, BUT he very frequently tells contestants that they've won him over or really impressed him, etc. He's not so egotistical that he won't recant an opinion when someone does well.
    Good link. I like Joe- just as much as I like GR and Graham.
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I haven't liked Krissie for some time now but the end came when she attacked Jessie for being "too nice." Who the heck doesn't like someone for being a nice person? That was enough. But all the big words about doing this for her son and then proceeding to be the worst possible example to her son by laughing at someone when they are down and in tears. Well. It takes a pretty awful person to be worse than Natasha (who was the one having a hard time watching it.)

She makes Jordan look like a saint! That takes some doing.
    Florimel, mesachick and Dragonlady like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I can not wait until Krissi gets hers, what an evil person she is! What goes round comes round.

I was hoping that Gordon & Co would save Bimi just because his chicken was the crowd favorite in the main challenge. What a shame he went home .
    It may have been the crowd favorite, but Joe discovered that an undercooked thigh had been served. I'm sure that measured in, even if they didn't mention it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It may have been the crowd favorite, but Joe discovered that an undercooked thigh had been served. I'm sure that measured in, even if they didn't mention it.
    They did mention his chicken was undercooked, more than one piece
    -Andy Rooney-

I haven't liked Krissi from day one and each new episode strengthens that dislike. She has a mouth like a sewer and she spews nothing but venom. She gloats over the ouster of another competitor probably more than I can recall anyone doing in any season of this show. The other contestants at least show a little compassion and sympathy even if some of them don't mean it. Then she says she's doing it all for her son, as if she's the only one of them with children, while giving him the best example of how to be a bully and like it. I'll take Natasha over Krissi in a New York minute.
    pikachu and mesachick like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread