+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

If you don't have sponsers you don't have a network TV show. It's that simple. I once had a WalMart steak. Actually, it was pretty good. Five star restaurant good? No. But as good as you'll get at most supermarkets.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    If you don't have sponsers you don't have a network TV show. It's that simple. I once had a WalMart steak. Actually, it was pretty good. Five star restaurant good? No. But as good as you'll get at most supermarkets.
    Same here. We had good steaks from Walmart! we also had lamb which is hard to find where I am
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Walmart steaks aren't bad, I have had them before and they were just fine. And I realize they need a sponsor. I just find it ironic that these highbrow chefs, who own restaurants most Walmart shoppers can't afford to eat at (me included), have Walmart as a sponsor.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't like all the Wal-Mart hawking either. Top of the line steaks?? Right. As if Ramsey, Joe, Graham serves Wal-Mart steaks at their restaurants? *giggle*
    When we were at the GR Steakhouse in Vegas, they were trying to push Kobe beef steaks . . . for $35 PER OUNCE ("We recommend 3 ounces for an appetizer portion, at least 6 ounces for an entree.") Pretty sure that didn't come from Wal-Mart.

And no . . . we did NOT order Kobe.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Walmart steaks aren't bad, I have had them before and they were just fine. And I realize they need a sponsor. I just find it ironic that these highbrow chefs, who own restaurants most Walmart shoppers can't afford to eat at (me included), have Walmart as a sponsor.
    I agree, but really it isn't about these judges, its about home cooks. I bet some of them shop at Walmart.
    -Andy Rooney-

We had steak tonight from a local butcher whom we trust. Home Grown - Homegrown Meats
    Smaller portion for the buck than community-destroying WalMart, but it was delicious and healthful, and we supported a local small business. (... like mine, albeit a different kind of small biz).

(...yeah, I know big deal, who cares...)
    spockwhat and Cootie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    We had steak tonight from a local butcher whom we trust. Home Grown - Homegrown Meats
    Smaller portion for the buck than community-destroying WalMart, but it was delicious and healthful, and we supported a local small business. (... like mine, albeit a different kind of small biz).

(...yeah, I know big deal, who cares...)
    We do both. We support local farmers and bakeries etc. Sometimes we cant though
    Ellen and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We do both. We support local farmers and bakeries etc. Sometimes we cant though
    I know ... sometimes it's tough for us (especially this year ... long story .. well, not so long, just complicated...), but so far, we've been able to stick to our commitment. Fingers crossed, as it's a challenge right now.
    Anyway, more and more, I feel VERY blessed to live in a place with year 'round farmers' markets. It helps.
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-14-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Money talks. F*** ethics.
    It's also their way of getting around the fact that so many people have DVRs and FF thru commercials....I think we'll see more and more of this.
    Ellen and Uncle David like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    not watching it each time here. don't like it as much as I used to when it was all about cooking and not the drama and nastiness
    It seems the same to me. There has always been a bit of drama. Contestants who don't like each other, bad dishes that either Gordon spit out or Joe throws in the trash. It is minimal compared to other shows from where I sit.

I adore Gordon Ramsey. You get a sense of who he is in interviews and knowing how he lives. He is a brilliant and good man. Reality shows in the USA demand a percentage of drama and he knows how to give that, to be sure. Production governs how much and when.

+ Reply to Thread