+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fanatic

Re: MasterChef

don't watch this show, but we happened to watch most of it last nite. i could tell from the editing that the guy in the finals was NOT going to win. there was just too much cockiness about him and i think that if he was going to win, they wouldn't have shown that.

i didn't like that the guy tried sucking up to Chef by deciding to make Chefs fav...the beef dish. and also to make crepes, which he apparently also knew that the Chef really liked.

i thought it would have been "fun" if, after each finalist discussed their fav meals, they told them to make each others!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4062240;
    [snipped]...
    i thought it would have been "fun" if, after each finalist discussed their fav meals, they told them to make each others!
    That would have been a good twist!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4062117;
    I think David had more creativity and a broader knowledge of food than Whitney. I think Whitney's strong points are southern food and deserts. Still, I guess she deserved it. I'm from the south so I would like her food I'm sure.

David turned me off by being so juvenile during the competition. Yelling to the guys upstairs and cheering like a frat boy, was so unprofessional. That could have cost him.

I think Whitney won because shows like that like an underdog to win for drama purposes. I know that's cynical. LOL
    I'm sorry, but Whitney was NEVER the underdog. She performed time after time and won many challenges. Can you elaborate on how she was the underdog and shows like this make her win?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

weizer2, I didn't see Whitney as an underdog either! However, I can see that with her age and her simplicity of dishes (versus the more "restaurante" dishes that David produces), I can understand how she could be seen as an underdog for those two things.

I loved that David and Whitney were final two! I had been rooting for David, but loved Whitney the phenom as well. I would have been happy with either winning, so it was a satisfying ending.

For those who don't get David, I'm sorry, but I don't agree. For everyone of David's spots saying he was going to be the next Masterchef, there was one of Whitney saying the same thing! Perhaps it's an easier thing to take from a cute little girl with a squeaky voice than a guy like David. A couple people have mentioned what a gracious loser he was, and that's what I'm going to take with me, cause I think that's who he truly is.

yay Whitney!

I wanted David to win, but I'm not unhappy with the ending. I just found it kind of annoying how every five seconds Whitney would say, "I've never cooked this." or "I've never done anything like this before." We get it already!

FORT Fogey

OK Whitney won a Master Chef contest for a fried chicken breast and greens? I think just about anyone can make that, and her dessert was disgusting looking. It was obvious that her and Sharone were set-ups, and the rest was filler. I think the decision all along was will the placed Sharone win or Whitney. Hopefully if this show comes back, it will be better. I would not watch Whitney on a show for two minutes with that irritating woe is me voice.

This is starting back up tonight. Is anyone, besides me, going to watch?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm hoping to catch it! Monday night viewing has been lacking of late...

You know, I wasn't actually planning to watch this show again. Mainly because the "FOX editing method" attempts to create too much faux drama instead of focusing on the contestants, the food and the judge commentary. However, I may give it a shot. The main reason is because I am just now putting 2+2 together and finding out that Joe B is the son of Lidia of Lidia's Italy fame!!! I never knew her last name but LOVE her show. She is like my grandma. Her cooking is simple, authentic and amazing. I watched half her show the other day - only caught part of the preparation and cooking of a certain dish and was able to make a delicious dinner from it!! If he has learned about cooking from her, then I shall deride his judgement no longer. Sure his delivery may suck but I can get over it based on his momma's rep alone. :p

I'm gonna watch, I love this show!

+ Reply to Thread