+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

I'm glad you posted the link, Ellen. I'm looking forward to seeing the documentary.
    Ellen likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I am not enjoying this season anywhere near as much as the last, namely because there's so much obnoxious drama. Bime wasn't a good leader, yes, but he did accept responsibility for his actions and wouldn't have saved himself. What do the judges do? They save him, ergo more drama. Then we have James and especially Jordan being jerkish trash talkers, and then we have Natasha and Krissi being loud and confrontational, and of course, we always have that jerk Bastianich to put a sour mood on everything. It's enough to take away my enjoyment of the show. MasterChef doesn't need drama, just focus on the cooking!
    I agree. There's already "Hell's Kitchen" for obnoxious drama — for some reason, I don't mind it there.
    But on MasterChef, it just makes me cringe. Previous seasons were much more fun.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

not watching it each time here. don't like it as much as I used to when it was all about cooking and not the drama and nastiness
    Ellen and Florimel like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I understand completely what you are saying. I think what Fanny was saying is that there are healthier and affordable options to frozen crap and fast food.
    Ellen likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I understand completely what you are saying. I think what Fanny was saying is that there are healthier and affordable options to frozen crap and fast food.
    yup! that's it in one
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I agree. There's already "Hell's Kitchen" for obnoxious drama — for some reason, I don't mind it there.
    But on MasterChef, it just makes me cringe. Previous seasons were much more fun.
    I mentioned that to my husband when we were watching it. Too many group challenges and the whole burger thing with Ramsey yelling was very HK. I did enjoy them making the eggs benedict and the lobster. I prefer those type of challenges....
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I mentioned that to my husband when we were watching it. Too many group challenges and the whole burger thing with Ramsey yelling was very HK. I did enjoy them making the eggs benedict and the lobster. I prefer those type of challenges....
    I agree. Leave the yelling to HK, which I don't watch. I much prefer the challenges in the MC kitchen, too. Feeding 102 fire fighters steak? Could not have been more boring. Home cooks are not skilled at feeding that many at once and many experienced chefs avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. Leave the yelling to HK, which I don't watch. I much prefer the challenges in the MC kitchen, too. Feeding 102 fire fighters steak? Could not have been more boring. Home cooks are not skilled at feeding that many at once and many experienced chefs avoid it.
    Its Master Chef, with talented home chefs, not Master Caterer! Not that a caterer isn't a chef, but it takes a whole different set of skills to cook such a large amount of food all at once.
    Ellen, Shoepie, ibot2much and 1 others like this.

Did they do this last season?
    ( cook for groups) I thought they did until the numbers were down, then it was in the kitchen and only the kitchen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Did they do this last season?
    ( cook for groups) I thought they did until the numbers were down, then it was in the kitchen and only the kitchen
    I remember one group challenge making burgers I think. I didn't like it then either.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread