+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: MasterChef

The four are taking over Gordon's Vegas burger restaurant for the night. After this, two will be saved, and the remaining two will take part in a final challenge which will send someone home.

Way to drag this out.

They're working in pairs for this challenge.

Kathy and Luca vs Natasha and Beth.

Hi Sorry I'm late; had a phone call. Why is Beth burning the hamburger buns?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't enjoy challenges that serve lots of people. Food cooked en mass is just never that good and it is boring to watch.
    I don't like them either. This show isn't about who is the best caterer.... and some foods just don't translate for large groups.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Beth and Natasha won the challenge and now it's down to Luca and Kathy. One of them will be leaving. *coughKathycough*

I thought they liked her first PT dish. Whatever.

Okay, this was disgusting! I've always known that I didn't want to totally know how lobster was prepared & cooked; now I wish I hadn't seen this. So, they're not just cooked alive, but first they're sliced up alive?! It looked like, as Kathy was dropping pieces in the boiling water, that part that was still on the cutting board was STILL MOVING! AAACCCKKKK!

I've seen chopped up octopus that was still moving around.
    So Kathy leaves. Anyone else surprised?

Lobster is just too good for me to be turned off by how its cooked. I remember when I was child at summer camp in Maine. The camp paid for a trip for any camper or counselor who had been there four years or longer. We went out on a lobster boat to an island where we each picked a lobster from a basket and then cooked it over a campfire, so I learned about that very early. That's really fresh lobster. The first year I went on that trip, it cost us eight cents for our lobster. The last year I went it was up to one dollar. Yummy!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Not surprised that Kathy was sent home.... it was almost like they kept upping the ante until she failed. They couldn't send her home based on the eggs benedict (seemed like Natasha would have gone home for that challenge), so the BurGR challenge was next. That wasn't enough to single her out either (Beth burned buns and Luca's burgers were raw), hence the lobster challenge.

I liked seeing BurGR. We are going to Vegas again in Nov. and want to try any GR restaurant we can - this was a good promo for the restaurant!

Yeah and fan favorite Luca wasn't going to go out in 16th place. They kept us on our toes this whole two hours.

+ Reply to Thread