+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I like Krissi as well. I also like quite a few of them, that we don't see enough of
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm okay with all three judges, and I don't know why, but I do like Gordon.

The Taste was on a while back and if there's any reality show judge I hate, it was Ludo.

And Janice Dickinson back when she was with ANTM.

It sucks more to have hateable judges than hateable contestants. Because you know that no matter what, you're stuck with those judges all season long.
    dzigner and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm okay with all three judges, and I don't know why, but I do like Gordon.

The Taste was on a while back and if there's any reality show judge I hate, it was Ludo.

And Janice Dickinson back when she was with ANTM.

It sucks more to have hateable judges than hateable contestants. Because you know that no matter what, you're stuck with those judges all season long.
    I like Gordon. we met him in the UK quite a few years ago-he is way way different than he is on any show. Love me some Ramsey
    dzigner, spockwhat and JohnnyK like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like Gordon. we met him in the UK quite a few years ago-he is way way different than he is on any show. Love me some Ramsey
    He was also much nicer on the UK Kitchen Nightmares as well. He seems to really lose it on HK, but with those contestants, I probably would too.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I adore Gordon Ramsey. Hate Joe. His rude personality, persona or not, it just so OTT and ridiculous. The show is interesting, but what I dislike about it a great deal is the drama and conflict? Why do they need to play that up? It's just so unnecessary in a cooking show, IMO. I know I sound like a broken record, but the Australian one had none of this. The judges were critical of certain dishes but never of the contestants and never in a demeaning or rude way. They were extremely encouraging and kind as well. I just love all three of them. The group of people were lovely to each other as well. Sure, there was often some drama when they had to cater some big event or whatever, and someone screws up, but it was never "I hate her guts, she needs to go and I'll do whatever I can to get rid of her."

I just don't get why they need to include that, or even seem to encourage it.
    Dragonlady likes this.

I don't really know the backgrounds for Joe or Graham. I find Gordon cute and I used to watch a show of his that was set on his home base and I liked it.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I was at Chicago a couple of weeks ago for vacation and was curious to try Graham Elliott's restaurant until I saw the prices!

graham elliot restaurant :: 217 w. huron st, chicago, il 60610 :: ph: 312.624.9975

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I don't really know the backgrounds for Joe or Graham. I find Gordon cute and I used to watch a show of his that was set on his home base and I liked it.
    Graham's a pretty good chef, has been nominated for a James Beard Award three times, competed in Top Chef Masters and went up against Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America, though lost by two points.

Joe owns some restaurants, but is not a chef himself, and I think the most people know him for is being Lidia Bastianich's son.

FORT Fogey

I recall having seen Joe on his mother's show----doing something with wine. I remember thinking then that he was rather aloof and pompous. Anybody else remember seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I was at Chicago a couple of weeks ago for vacation and was curious to try Graham Elliott's restaurant until I saw the prices!

graham elliot restaurant :: 217 w. huron st, chicago, il 60610 :: ph: 312.624.9975
    Yes, its one of those places I will never eat at unless I win a dinner there (or the lottery).
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread