+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: MasterChef

I wish we could have seen the judges' reactions to Johnny/Jonny's dish.
    Shoepie likes this.

I thought aloud that if Natasha was "out to get" Krissi she chose the Langoustines thinking that she wouldn't have experience cooking something like that. I think the Stilton could have tripped her up worse since it is so strong. The balance between showcasing it and overwhelming the dish with it would be very delicate.
    I think I agree with your picks, Shoepie but I'd like to add the man with the short hair and somewhat flat nose who lost his mum.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

also Johnny K do you ever sleep?
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wish we could have seen the judges' reactions to Johnny/Jonny's dish.
    I would like to hear more of the judges deliberations.

The reason Howard was not eliminated for his salad is because they watched him struggle with too many ingredients from the start and saw him can his idea and throw together a salad in desperation. He talked about this during the judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Joe Bastianich takes the biggest jerk trophy, he's at an all-time high on how much of a douchebag he is.
    This is my first MC season. I don't get why Joe is acting this way. It takes away credibility.

We also thought Natasha would pick the cheese.

Does Savannah really not understand that it was an insult that Natasha chose her to sit out?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would like to hear more of the judges deliberations.

The reason Howard was not eliminated for his salad is because they watched him struggle with too many ingredients from the start and saw him can his idea and throw together a salad in desperation. He talked about this during the judging.
    Yes, you could tell who was going home. I don't know why they hate one another already, hate is a very strong word.
    Do you know the Asian guys name, he is very quiet but good, his plate looked like art
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know why they hate one another already, hate is a very strong word.
    Do you know the Asian guys name?
    I believe the Asian guy is Lynn. Caught my eye cuz to me, it didn't fit.

Krissi used HATE when referring to Howard and Nat. I too thought that was a too strong word to use. Dislike? OK. but Hate? To me it reminds me of teenagers, how they throw that word around. One can only imagine the drama in her kids lives with their friends.
    Last edited by babyfat101; 05-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Hyper likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I'm a newbie to this show, so unsure exactly what they are looking for. They obviously don't eliminate based solely on the dish presented, but also what they feel is future potential. To me, a masterchef would be someone who is creative and given any ingredients could throw something together. Give them ham and blueberries and they can ** pop ** come up with something - as fast as that. So, when Howard said he had NO IDEA what he was going to make, was just floundering, and then made a salad that they refused to eat. He is the person who should have gone home.

I agree with Sasha, that at least they tasted her dish. If someone makes a dish so awful that the judges won't even taste it, then that person should go home. I can't remember what the other bottom 3 guy made, but seems to me that they didn't taste that either.

I felt the same way about Krissi throwing around the word hate so freely. I won't mind seeing her go. Natasha's attitude also got on my nerves, but I did like the looks of her lemon tartlet dessert in the first round. I was pleased to see Sasha go as I thought her dish was a mess. She did tone down her loudness a little, but who knows low long that would have lasted.

I really liked Jessie and Bime, but need some time to get to know some of the others. Some of my pool picks are going to be big mistakes, I'm sure, but it's still fun to play.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    I believe the Asian guy is Lynn. Caught my eye cuz to me, it didn't fit.

Krissi used HATE when referring to Howard and Nat. I too thought that was a too strong word to use. Dislike? OK. but Hate? To me it reminds me of teenagers, how they throw that word around. One can only imagine the drama in her kids lives with their friends.
    Yes, she said they hate me , & I hate her. I suppose she will be around for awhile, due to the fact Natasha and her don't get along.

I thought his name was Lynn, thanks for letting me know
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread