+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 207 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2070
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I'm glad to see Christine win. I'm not sure Josh should have been in the finale, but he was good nonetheless.

P.S. 1000TH POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I knew Christina had won when Gordon said, "it all came down to one dish." That was the last thing said before they walked out to announce the winner. Josh had undercooked lobster. Done.
    This is interesting because I took it the same way - most of my friends took it as one outstanding dish won and I said no, one unforgiveable mistake dish lost. I am happy that Christine won, although I think I would enjoy Josh's cookbook more...I just don't make much Asian food myself, here in the SF area, I can get well-prepared for a decent price so many places. I hope Josh gets some breaks continuing on his path...it kinda kills me that of all the contestants, David Mar-tinez is the only one any of the judges offered a job?
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Frank and Becky didn't get any job offer? What makes David so special? That he serves dangerously unedible food and doesn't think he did anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Frank and Becky didn't get any job offer? What makes David so special? That he serves dangerously unedible food and doesn't think he did anything wrong?
    Maybe because he lives in the Chicago area were GE's restaurants are at?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I thought Becky had an offer from Gordon. I hope she takes him up on it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What I haven noticed in almost all competition show finales, the winner is always the one the judges edited commentary makes us think is not the winner. I was almost certain Christine was the winner as I watched the commentary, and I'm pleased with her win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I remember that, too. I sure hope she takes him up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Fanny Mare, for some reason, I thought their conversation had something to do with her wishing she would be able to continue perfecting her skills - practice. I thought his offer was if she wanted to use a professional kitchen now and then but I may have totally misheard that conversation! I do understand about DM living in a city where Graham had restaurants, just would have liked to see some others get some kind of reward. Heck, none of them have any ties in NYC where Frank is? Oh, well, it was a pretty interesting season.

*ETA I guess I really did misunderstand - found this in an interview online (no good with linking things):

Q. Todd, RealityWanted: When you were eliminated Chef Ramsay said the doors at his restaurant were always open for you. Have you taken him up on that offer?
    A. Becky: Pretty much, yeah. We have been in talks and he is opening a new restaurant in Los Angeles called The Fat Cow and I think I'm going to go work there. I have the opportunity and it'll be great because I'll be in Los Angeles and I can do other things as well. Being able to learn from him and work with his awesome crew at his restaurant will be great. I've already met the executive chef there and talked with him, so I'm looking forward to it.

Very good to hear!
    Last edited by wannasee; 09-12-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Moontat likes this.

That's good to hear! thanks for the info wannasei
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I have the opportunity and it'll be great because I'll be in Los Angeles and I can do other things as well.
    Hmmmm, does this mean Becky's another reality contestant turned wannabe actress? Anyway, this was a very good season and I'm glad Christine won. This is the first season where we might buy the cookbook. Everything she made looked really delicious.

+ Reply to Thread