+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: MasterChef

I'm happy Christine won <3 Even if it's a bit "too good to be true", if you know what I mean. Plus, she's so beautiful.

Maybe it's our turn next year.

I thought Josh has won it because of his presentation and when Ramsey and Graham was saying that Josh has the better appetizer even though the lobster was half cooked. I guess Joe convinced them? They weren't all over Christine's ice cream compared to Josh's. And the main dish is a virtual tie, although I would give a slight edge to Josh because he cooked a more difficult course.

I think it's a conspiracy. Get rid of the two toughest competition (Frank and Becky) so the underdogs could battle at the finale. It is definitely too good to be true.

I'm happy Christine won but I was surprised they didn't pick Josh. I think Christine had a better overall menu concept but Josh had more ambitious technique and advanced plating. He should be very happy with himself and I do hope he gets some kind of consolation prize because that was probably the best he's cooked.

With regard to Josh's appetizer, I was very very surprised (in a good way) to hear the way Joe put it - when he said that while yes, the dish had impressive technique and concept, he didn't believe in rewarding someone who couldn't execute the concept.

I also was a bit irritated at Gordon for blasting Christine NOW, in the final, for staying in her comfort zone. He should have been on her weeks ago for generally going with asian-inspired dishes and not going out of the box.
    wannasee likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I think it's a conspiracy. Get rid of the two toughest competition (Frank and Becky) so the underdogs could battle at the finale. It is definitely too good to be true.
    I felt it was a conspiracy that JOSH was one of the final two. Christine, not so much because she was only in the bottom three once or twice, and on a relatively difficult challenge. Frank was the only other one who had been in the bottom one time. Becky was in there more than those two but LESS than Josh.

And worse - Josh was eliminated on a SIMPLE DISH (eggs) while Frank and Becky at least had difficult dishes that they tried hard at but failed. I rather have those who at least tried hard but missed the mark make it over someone who was MISSING elements in their dish and sloppy work advance (heck, one who TWICE had the advantage and blew it but yet was still safe.)

What irritated me more though was how the show attempted to hide the fact that Josh WAS eliminated, came back and made it to the final two. I think even the producers knew that fans were saying "baloney" to the bringing back a contestant and one who had in that return to the show challenge had a weaker dish than two people but still came back.

I stopped watching when Frank got booted off.
    Personally, Im finding Ramseys shows (MC & HK) a bit to scripted and pre-determined, rather than the outcome being based on the most talented and deserving.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Happy Christine won!

Typically I root against tearjerker backstories. However, it's more a matter of how they hammer us with the backstory all season long than the fact that there's a backstory. I didn't feel that way with Christine. It was her cross to bear, but I never felt she was proposing that she 'deserved' to win because of it. (I'm looking at you Monti)

In the end, I would have rather had Frank's cookbook with his take on Italian food. Unfortunately, Frank was eliminated from the competition too early. Given the final 2 choice I'm thrilled with the outcome. Heck! I might even buy her cookbook.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

So happy Christine won. I was really surprised, just based on the Chefs' comments, I thought for sure it would have been Josh. I was really glad I was wrong though!
    AZChristian likes this.

I'm so glad Josh didn't win.Not that I have anything against him mind you,but I hate it when they bring back eliminated contestants.On all the reality shows.It's like you screwed the pooch,you lost,get off my screen.Harsh but true.

I hate it when contestants who blew it twice still make the final 2 and especially when the person has already been eliminated before and returned. I believe last year's champion once had immunity but she didn't take it then she almost got eliminated and also at one time she had the advantage and blew it, correct me if i'm wrong. I still think that the final 2 should have been Frank and Becky but I'm always disappointed in the final 2 anyway, they're not always the best 2. Maybe one or both are top 3, 4 or 5 but not top 2.

This is like Survivor season when Lil came back to screw her previous tribe and she ended being in top 2, the only saving grace in that finale was that she took Sandra instead of Johnny Fairplay to the F2. Good thing she did becaue I didn't want her to win at all (she would have won against Johnny Fairplay)
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-11-2012 at 11:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    So happy Christine won. I was really surprised, just based on the Chefs' comments, I thought for sure it would have been Josh. I was really glad I was wrong though!
    I knew Christina had won when Gordon said, "it all came down to one dish." That was the last thing said before they walked out to announce the winner. Josh had undercooked lobster. Done.

+ Reply to Thread