+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eric Ferch - Winner of The Scantlins

Eric Ferch - Winner of The Scantlins

The picture below was sent to us by Eric's brother, Chris. Thanks, Chris! Chris was the one who ratted out his brother on the episode, that Eric likes to cry.

[img]images/stor/ferch_eric_1.jpg[/img]

And the official NBC picture of Eric:

[IMG]images/stor/eric_ferch_2.jpg[/IMG]

I thought Eric was alot better looking on the show than in his publicity picture.
    Atually, I thought that of all the guys.

I;m not sure what he was thinking of with the whole "I'm a virgin" lie though.
    He really got caught out lying when that needn't have been an issue as I strongly doubt the parents thought any of the guys would be virgins.

He was Melana's third choice for sure, although I have no idea why.
    The look on her face when her parents chose him was one of horror.
    He seems like a nice guy though and I imagine he would be a lot of fun to be soend some time with.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Thanks for the picture, Chris, and look for Chris on an upcoming episode of Fifth Wheel, by the way, as reality tv show dating is a family trait.

BTW, Fluff, I really think that Eric was telling the truth about his virginity but was just nervous during the lie detector test. I can't for the life of me think of why someone would lie about that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Neither can I. That would set you up for way more grief than the other.

I can't think why he would even mention it to be honest.

It's not something that he would have to "admit" too and by being seen to be lying when asked the question it really made him look bad imo.

I just can't see why he told them that at all unless he hoped to impress the parents in some way.

I got the feeling throughout the show that he was telling the truth, then when the detector showed that to be a lie (it seemed to be pretty accurate on the other responses we saw) I thought basically,what the hell was he thinking?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

A little insight into MMF

Hey everyone, I'm Eric from the most recent Meet my Folks show (the dork who won as opposed to Apple). I was asked to contribute so I figured I'd go ahead and clear some things up. Not to defend myself or actions (I'm more comfortable w/ myself than that), but as a means to help give you a 'behind the editing table' sense of what went on. First off, we filmed for over three days, and the producers have the ability to cut and slice anything and everything; they have the ability to make you into anyone they want, and they manipulate everything. As is well documented in this site, the lie detector test is not very reliable. The other permeating commentary from the show (poor brook) was also blown out of proportion. I don't doubt that Melana had feelings for him, but again ask yourself: What makes good tv?...Having surprise twists and turns, and her feelings, though sincere, were exaggerated for television. I'm not player hating, but basically every word Brook said the entire weekend was included in the show. He is a very quiet guy and doesn't have an outgoing personality. In fact, he was using this as a platform to 'get noticed' (by the way, for anyone expecting such results, I wouldn't put much stock in it). He's also been on "america's sexiest bachelors" and "blind date." Again, sorry for possibly sounding bitter (not my intention), it's just that there is so much more than meets the eye on the show. In the end, I'm the only one still talking to Melana (no, we haven't taken the trip to Hawaii), and to paraphrase Good Will Hunting "I got her number, how you like them apples." (OK, I concede that comment is ego based). I do enjoy the banter.
    Last edited by LG.; 02-12-2003 at 04:40 PM.

Eric, thank you for stopping by! The ongoing theme from the contestants this season is how bad the lie detector tests are being manipulated. That's really a shame, because it's the most interesting part of the show, in my opinion. To think it's all just fake and incorrect and edited kind of blows it for me, in a way.

When you get back from Hawaii, give us an update...And be sure to let us know when your brother Chris will be on his show, too.

LG.
    I went to a Christian college and knew quite a few people who were virgins and made a point of telling people that, especially in dating situations, as it's better to get it on the table up front. They were a little younger than Eric, but the fact remains, Chris could have busted Eric on that in the videotapes, Eric would want to tell Melana that first, and if he really is, why should he be ashamed of it. I really just don't think it is something someone would lie about. Maybe Eric can come clarify for us.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thanks for that Eric.

Although the lie detector is ridiculous, it is most entertaining for the viewer.

It's obvious the show has to be heavily edited, but I think the viewers would rather see a true representation of events than the sensationalised view we seem to regularly get.

It sounds as though you're happy enough with the way you were portrayed and obviously with the result.

Hope you enjoyed the experience and will have a great holiday.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast