+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brook - The Scantlins

FORT Newbie

give me a break. poor brooke

Poor Brooke. What were they thinking? : I have to wonder if any of the "parents" truly want their "kids" to have a good time, and possibly meet someone they could "fall in love with"...?? Every time a "child" says "i have chemistry with so-in-so, i have a connection, i feel something." WHAMO: that person is GONE~ what is the point.? Poor Brooke. He was such a cutie, a real man, the only one that admitted the truth, and took it like a "man". And might i add, the only that the daughter had "real chemistry" with. The fact that "Dad" couldn't get past the "stripping" thing, really was shallow. I think. That Dad has no idea what the circumstances were and never bothered to ask Brooke if that was something he would consider doing again. Just simply "got rid of the only man on the show"....I feel sorry for the daughter. I think it's important that parents listen to their children. And to see such blatant lack of communication, and to see in 2003 that someone cannot accept the "lessons learned" in someone's past says a lot for what is wrong with this country.
    PS. I bet there are 1000's of women out there right now that would love to know how to get in touch with Brooke. I would like to see an update on him. (Let's find him a lady!)

Hi missrj, welcome to the site

I agree. It happens almost every time a child says they ;like someone.
    I think it happens more when it's a female who's parents are doing the choosing as they probably don't want to pick the person their daughter is most likely to sleep with

I thought Brook was pretty cute.
    I would say the father has a few issues igf he can't accept Brrok having to strip to get by.
    He was very impressed to find Brook was a Marine, but that all went out the window when he heard about the stripping.

My feeling was "so what", he stripped.
    The father didn;t really bother to ask him any more indepth details about it, e.g. how often he had done it, or as you say, whether he would consider doing it again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    The notable exception was the Figgs from last season. They picked the woman that their son wanted to date, rather than the more conservative girl with less "spicy" stuff in her dirty little secrets.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

There have been fewer parents picking dates for their daughters than for their sons on this show and if my memory serves me correctly, the parents go for the more conservative option for their daughters.

I think it's great when the parents go for whoever they think would be more fun and who they think their child would enjoy the company of more.

It might just have been conicidence that the parents last night eliminated their daughter's top two choices.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    I happened to catch this show last night and..
    missrj ~ your post is bang on. I could not believe they didn't pick him.
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

longboarder
    If history serves as any lesson in these reality game shows, though, we can recall that the "winners" will take the trips later in the year, there will be other people who tag along, such as the parents or friends, and that if there was true chemistry between Brook and the daughter that she is a grown woman capable of asking for a phone number, email address, etc. all on her own. He evern said, "I don't know if it was love or what..." when he talked about his feelings. So if it truly was that big of a spark, they will both recognize it and act on it.

That said, watching the parents engage in sabatoge was tough to take. She seemed to be a bright person capable of handling herself and making rational decisions. So why her parents couldn't just let her have who she wanted seemed selfish and controlling to me. Oh well, just my two cents.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I would have picked Brooke. What were these parents thinking?
    Most of his stuff was when he was younger, He's now a Marine. While the worst of the secrets from the others seemed to be current.
    I agreed with the dad. Nice pick- a crybaby, a perv and a stripper.

I agree Eny, his secrets seemed to be years old compared to the other guys.

The father just couldn't get passed the stripping for men thing.

I wonder if he would have felt the same if he had been stripping for women?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Thats EXACTLY right Fluff
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

He did try to deny the stripping for men specifically, though not in general.

Seemed that dad was most hung up in the men part of it, and was completely blind after that.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast