+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This show is fake.

FORT Newbie

This show is fake.

Im not trying to be a hater but you cant tell me this show is for real?!!!!! I think America needs to wake up to true reality and see that these shows are fake and are totally just another angle on the tried and true soap opera. Do me a favor and next time you watch just ask yourself "Is this for real?"

If, by fake, you mean that the people are acting differently than they normally would because they know they're on TV, then yes...it is fake. That's the reality of reality TV.

FORT Newbie
    Um...No. By fake I mean that this whole thing is set up and these are actors...kind of like the lord of the rings actors.

I've never seen the 2nd season of the show. Caught a few episodes from season 1 though. If these people are actors, they're extremely bad ones.

FORT Newbie
    Actually, I think there really good. They're playing the roles convincing enough to fool a lot of people into thinking its "real".

Just curious...how were you able to see through this sham?

FORT Newbie
    It just seems too good. I dont have any insider info or anything. The more I think about it the more I think that this show is fake. It seems to be hitting all the points that would make this a really "juicy" show. Just think about it. These girls keep starting situations that we all want to see. The lesbian thing tonight...like they didnt realize this would be on TV or something. Then they act surprised when the parents walk in...come on! really....

I'll agree that they're playing to the camera. Reality TV always seems to seek out the exhibitionists. But fake? With actors & scripts? No, I think it's just people acting outrageous to get their 15 minutes. Nothing wrong with that really. I don't think anybody confuses reality TV with actual reality, though. It is what it is.

I think as with any reality TV show, while most of it is unscripted, there are some parts that are staged. The producers might say "You might want to go to the bedroom now" but they won't give any more info.

If you can find a show on TV that's 100% entirely real, good for you. I don't think such a thing exists.

I'm closing this thread but don't be scared of, d1a1s1. We might reopen it later though right now I think it's only going to cause unnecessary tension.

It's been closed for a couple days, so I re-opened it to test the waters.

I'm positive that shows like this aren't scripted with actors, but I think people do things on camera that they wouldn't normally do...And of course, the producers put people in certain situations specifically to get a reaction, and then have complete editing control of what we see.

So, while it's not scripted, it's not technically "reality" like the name suggests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast