+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Maloneys - Lisa

gandj, a lot of contestants and contestant friends only do a "hit and run", and don't stick around to see the follow-up. We thank the ones that do, but it's pretty rare.

It just amazes me that more of these ladies (Lisa in particular) don't do something to ride this wave of publicity.

A couple of years ago, when Survivor came out, you couldn't pick up a magazine or turn on the TV without seeing what the contestants were like in real life.

Here we have a bunch of fans clamoring to know more about these ladies (particularly Lisa) and we can't find anything.

No newspaper or magazine articles. Nothing.

It's almost like they want to remain anonymous. They act like topless dancers who only give out "stage names" for fear some psycho will stalk them.

That, in my opinion, kind of hurts the credibility of the show. It makes it seem like these ladies are actresses instead of real people.

It is surprising really, particularly for anyone who wants to get into showbiz.

The attention on this show will be very fleeting.
    It's not like many of the reality shows where you mght get a full season to showcase yourself.
    You generally only get one show for MMF so if you want to use the experience you have to be quick off the mark.
    "That's Numberwang!"

thales
    This is ridiculus! There has to be more than one picture of Lisa on the enitire web, but I have had no luck. I did find an article complaining about her conduct on Dismissed from a religious group. I hope someone can come through with at least vidcaps.

Email the religious group and see if they have a tape of the episode.

I live in a city with about a million people in the metropolitan area. We have our hometown heros. Musicians, actors, etc... Lance Armstrong has a home here, Sandra Bullock has a home here, etc... It's not like it's a small town full of small town gossip. Yet, when this guy from Austin, named Kevin Dunn, was on MTV's The Real World, it was news. The local paper ran a story on him. The university newspaper ran a story on him. He parlayed his noterity into a spot on a sports radio show.

So I wonder... don't any of these girls (particularly Lisa) have a hometown or college that's proud of them?

Why are there no newspaper or magazine articles on Google News?

It just baffles me.

Hooky, the shows that people get publicity on *usually* are full-season series. The girls on MMF were only on a 3-episode arc, and there will be about 15 other sets of guys and girls and families before this season's over. I guarantee these girls will be forgotten about 10 minutes into the Scantlins episode this Saturday.

Not that they aren't cute, or deserving of more publicity, but really, it would be like asking why the guy from your home town who was on last week's Fear Factor didn't have a web site, a full portfolio, and an interview in the newspaper. This just happened to be a 3-episode arc, but it's done now. They'll fade quietly back into the woodwork - and probably not a moment too soon for most of the participants.

That makes sense, John. Thanks for the perspective.

It's kind of poignant. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Guess who i just saw.... babygurl949's Avatar
    Alright people...I'm sorry to those of you who I didn't respond to..I don't come online often and I tend to get a little lazy when it comes to responding to ANYBODY! Even my own mother...anyways, I'll tell you this..she was at Chase Models with me, but I don't think she is anymore...Chase is not a good agency..pretty shitty actually and I don't work with them anymore, but that is where she was...Happy gentlemen????

So, babygurl, get our poor pathetic minds off Lisa. Tell us about yourself. You're a model, right? Do you have a portfolio online? If not, will you post a picture of yourself for us?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast