+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Maloneys - Jackie

Hi Jackie, thanks so much for posting your insight here.

The lie detector is an entertaining segment for the viewers, but I can see how the mere fact you have to do it would elevate the stress level.

As I've said before, some of the questions are so badly worded (I'm sure the parents get help with the questions) and a yes/no answer just isn't really sufficient to explain something.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    jackie,
    do you have an email address or a website where i could converse with you?

I think they should have done the tests twice.
    They were only polygraphing two in a session, so I think they should have made the effort.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    THanks for posting Jackie. Welcome to the site.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Jackie181
    Would I do it again? Umm... probably not. I was prepared to have secrets about me revealed, but I wasn't prepared to have to defend myself from lies. So while learning how tv works was fascinating, learning how malicious producers can be was disappointing. I'm just glad I got kicked off when I did and was spared the whole ex boyfriend extravaganza and any more "dirty secrets"!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Some of those secrets were pretty eye popping. I could not believe that 8 reular girls could EACH have such skeletons.
    Did the producers just make it up? Or just embellish something that wasn't bad to seem worse.

The ladies just seemed to have to take the abuse and not defend themselves or clarify things.

FORT Newbie
    HI JACKIE! It's Chels, and to whoever Pink is, you are right on the dot. The Lie detector is a sham and had we known that our pasts weren't scandalous enough for tv and that the producers would have to one up us with their own versions of our lives, we might have all re-thought about going on this show. It's one thing to justify yourself or even admit to what you've truly done, it's another to defend yourself from as Jackie says, out right lies. What they do is take a story, and spice it up adding whatever they want from an extra boy to an total lie. Ah such is life in the entertainment world. What i thought was funny was that they wouldn't show any of us our results from the test, hmmmm was that because they changed them for TV? Interesting to think about... To all you viewers, thanks for watching and believe what the girls said, not what an ancient machine (not used properly I might add) detects. ALOHA!
    And Jackie, my mom thinks you looked beautiful and acted very classy, you were one of her favorites!

Welcome to you, too, Chelsea! Glad you stopped by! It's so nice to have the contestants from the show swing by and give us their inside opinions on what we saw.

Obviously, we know that it's a show edited for maximum viewer enjoyment. And I'm glad you girls can take it with a sense of humor and enjoy it for what it was. And Chelsea, two weeks in Europe probably helped kill the embarassment a little, too

Jackie181
    Hey Chels!! So good to hear from you! You looked stunning, by the way. Tell your mom she is a sweetie, and good luck with the Maloneys... PS I have a guy friend who thinks you are a god-dess =)

jdawg
    hey there jackie and chelsea!!!

I ned a favor I would like to have some information on songs during the show and maybe one or both of you have some clout w/ NBC I have had no luck emailing them!! ( I am trying to find out the name of the song that was played on Chelsea's date when she was doing the body painting) I have had no luck emailing NBC, and have tried twice!!! Can you help me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast