+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Maloneys - Jackie

Hooky, I agree with your thoughts on the lie detector test.

Also, the way they ask some of the questions are just aweful.

Really, if you were 10 and stole a pack of gum, then RETURNED IT, you could fail the test if you said you'd never stolen anything.

I would have to justify every freakin answer, and I have nothing to hide
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I have to agree with you on the way some of the questions are phrased Cali.

Some answers look so bad without the benefit of being able to explain yourself more.
    A yes/no answer just isn't sufficient sometimes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hooky, one thing that came out of last year's round of interviews on another site is that they actually go through the polygraph sequence twice with each person. Once on camera, to get the reaction, and asked by the parent. The second time, the same questions are asked by Nick (the polygraph guy), not on camera.

They only show the questions where the subject had the same results (either they were truthful both times, or lied both times).

Hope that helps.

Yes, it does. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks, John.

FORT Newbie
    does anyone know where i can go to find more information on jackie or find out her last name? she reminds me so much of an ex gf that i want to know more about her. i think she was the prettiest one of the bunch. loved her personality also.

LG.
    Sorry Joe, the show doesn't give us any information about the ladies last names so unless they post something here we can't help you. Sometimes a contestant will give us a link to their own website, so watch this thread and maybe Jackie will direct us to her own site later.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Jackie181

Hey Everyone! This is Jackie from the show, here is the scoop...

Hey everyone,
    The scoop on the lie detector is such... IT'S A JOKE. Going on the show, I was never worried about the lie detector because I felt like I didn't have anything to hide. So granted, I'm not a virgin, sorry mom and dad, but I'm definitely not a tramp either! The polygraph merely measures stress levels, and for the record, answering embarassing misleading sexual questions on national television does a little number on your nervous system. I was a wreck! If they'd have asked me, is your name Jackie, I would have hesitating and been like well technically its Jacqueline... but people call me Jackie... so.... yes?? maybe?? Ugh, torture. Anyone with half a brain would fail that test because they'd stress themselves out just trying to figure out what they were asking. And in response to a post I read earlier, the test was performed only ONCE. I too thought that in order to get an accurate reading they would test me again, and I even said after the test, "So are we going to do this again now?" And they just sent me on my confused way to get some cold chicken and soggy beans for lunch. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you... everything that lies between the boundaries of the law of course. =)

Thanks for hearing me out!

Jackie, thanks for posting.
    I have thought since last year that the Lie detector was completely unfair.

I mentioned in another thread that I would have to explain 99% of the answers (like the Jackie/Jacqueline thing)
    I wonder how much stock the parents put into the answers they receive there?

Also, on air it didn't seem as though you all were given much of a chance to explain the "facts" that your friends/ex'es came up with.
    Oh well, I hope your overall experience was a fun one.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for posting Jackie! We are always glad to hear the other side of the story.

Jackie, thanks for posting! I know last year, they did the polygraph tests twice, but maybe with 8 ladies it would have been too time-consuming - I don't know.

Was it your first time on TV? What did you think of the experience? Would you do it again, knowing what you know now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast