+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nick, the polygraph guy

Nick, the polygraph guy

I just wanted to toss out a link to Reality News Online, who has a fascinating interview with Nick, the polygraph guy from Meet My Folks.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...644.art&page=1

I'm having trouble understanding the thumbs up/down. Is it thumbs up when the answers is really yes or is that they are telling the truth. Is thumbs down that the real answer is no or that they are lying? I am having trouble figuring this out. I know, major life trauma and i need a life, but i enjoy the show and would like to understand this. Oh, ya if any contestants read this (Lisa, Jackie) feel free to contact me
    Last edited by elgringo247; 01-22-2003 at 10:58 AM.

Thumbs up means they answered truthfully. If they said yes, the answer was yes, and so on.

LG.
    Right, they get credit for a truthful answer with the thumbs up, but sometimes the truth is worse than a lie. Some of the parents last season selected the winner based purely one which person told fewer lies.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I am the biggest fan of this guy. My nickname for him is "Lie Guy". He's the funniest thing on this craptastic show--always good for a few laughs with his hangdog expression and the ways he shows up (not the mention the phony "surprise" reactions they rehearse people to give when seeing him).

LOVED LOVED LOVED the segment on "Marry My Dad" where Lie Guy cloned himself. I was rolling on the floor for the whole thing.

I enjoyed that part too, Krom. I wasn't sure if his name was Nick, since I haven't caught an episode of Meet My Folks. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Thanks for the interview link John!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenflute98
    I enjoyed that part too, Krom. I wasn't sure if his name was Nick, since I haven't caught an episode of Meet My Folks. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Thanks for the interview link John!
    Eh... just call him "Lie Guy" like I do. It's funnier!

"Lie Guy Live" was kind of cool on tonight's episode. I wonder if the crowd and the time constraints make his job that much more difficult or his results less reliable?

+ Reply to Thread