+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/2 Finale recap: "Who Needs a Wedding When We've Got Cliches?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I’m sure her contract specifically states that not only should angry encounters occur while the cameras are rolling, any sarcastic comments directed at other contestants must be clearly enunciated and loud enough to be audible.

which of course IS an answer, a resounding “No, run away from this she-devil before she flays you alive”.

I’d hate for my neighbors to see not one but two religions trying to save me. It would be like saying I’m so obviously going to hell that a multitude of sects have picked up on it.

So, Suzanne’s idea of home is a shallow, plastic world in which the rugs are made from man-made materials?

I am sorry. I’m sure some of you watched the following scene and were moved. To you I say, go read something else. Because honestly, it was so gooey and sappy and lovey-dovey that my black, twisted, sarcastic little heart could hardly endure watching it. I desperately wanted to go find a roadhouse where I could drink beer, shoot pool, smoke cheap cigarettes and have an all-around unwholesome time. Just to counteract the gooeyness.

Weeks of watching this pap and all I’ve got to show for it is a hangover and the phone number of a guy named Bubba from the roadhouse.

I don’t think he’s into crying jags and group hugs, though.

I may give him a call.

OH my gosh, Lucy. I laughed and laughed. Can I come smoke and drink with you? I still havent' recovered from my own bout with this show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    I went online to try and find out if they're together, and found that Marty is a delivery driver for Frito-Lay!!! What a catch!!!

Delivery driver for Frito Lay? No way!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Hmmm....did the ladies know that before making fools of themselves? They wouldn't have given him the time of day on the street. Not that one who has 50 pairs of designer shoes or the one who loves $500 bottles of wine. OMG.......this is doomed from the start. He probably lives in a very common house and part of town which hey I think is great but these ladies are obviously out gold digging with Suzanne and her shopping sprees and Stacy with her wine those chips are not going to make up for that even if you can't just eat one.

But hey, I just had a thought Lucy, maybe he would be fun to have beer and chips with after all.

Great recap Lucy!
    When a reality show contestant says they’re in love with two people, trust me – one of them is in the mirror.

“Sorry, wrong house,” Stacy snarls, slamming the door.

I Would Gnaw Off My Own Leg If I Were On This Show

Oh, Barf.

Marty says he knew this would be a hard choice. Suzanne is so giving, he says, but Stacy does something for him that he can’t put in words. I’m guessing that even if he could put it into words, they wouldn’t be appropriate for a PG-13 site.

He wants to sound like his choice of Stacy is reasoned and well-founded, and not just based on her being the one he’d rather sleep with.

Yes, there’s a but, and really, that was a lot of putting-her-up-on-a-pedestal just to smash her down on the jagged rocks of rejection.
    Redmermaid, thank you for this comment. It might cause a mass exodus off of the show if they did this:
    Some things that have stuck with me... why doesn't Marty have to answer lie detector questions? Shouldn't the women be privy to just how much of a "catch" this guy is? Where are HIS embarrassing facts?
    I expect when the real Stacy reveals herself, this family will be filled with regret for the choice they made. I could not believe the negative attitude she had and the snarly comments she made during the show. If Marty really is a delivery driver for Frito Lay, Stacy may end up buying her own expensive wine. My husband thought she was the worst of the final ladies.

FORT Fan
    Most of these delivery guys actually 'buy' their route and you'd be surprised how much money they actually make - especially if they have a bunch of supercenter wal-marts in their territory. He's making 6 figures easily.

FORT Newbie
    Actually he makes more like 30,000-40,000 per year driving in town.

FORT Fan
    Maybe it's different in the state he's from. I worked in retail in Arizona and had a personal friend who owned his frito-lay route....he made plenty.... Maybe Marty was just hired to drive and deliver rather than owning his route - in that case 30-40,000 annual would probably be correct.

I just read yesterday that they are not together & it doesn't even sound like they spent any time together after they finished filming the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123