+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Finale recap: "Who Needs a Wedding When We've Got Cliches?"

Quote Originally Posted by redmermaid
    This is a misogynistic show that makes these women look like fools in the pursuit of what we all want. We have heard nothing about Marty that makes him seem real. He's comes across as plastic as the silicone and botox used to prop up these attractive, middle aged women. It's sad that NBC chose to portray these ladies as desperate and Marty as a sap who would live with the choice of his unlikeable, immature daughters.
    Wow! Beautifully worded! Bravo! I'm speechless (and that just doesn't happen.

I finally beat you to the recap once, eh, berries?
    Last edited by roseskid; 08-04-2004 at 03:06 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Welcome back from vacation Lucy!! Thanks for a great recap!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know the status of these two bimbos now? I hope they didn't jet off to a hot climate, cuz dude will surely get his makeup washed off. WHAT A MISERABLE EXCUSE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. Stacey is so WHINY and the way she moves that mouth.....she could've been a freakin' horse. Never again will I succumb to such a shallow and FAKE reality series.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Great recap, Lucy!! I was laughing at my desk and was getting weird looks. By the way, I ran into Bubba and he was crying a river and was wondering if you were ever going to call him!!

This show has been so maudlin I could retch for most of the episodes. But, this last one was soooooo bad I had to fast forward through most of it just to avoid gagging every few seconds. Apparently, most of us feel the same way. Enough of "Will you marry my dad/mom/daughter/son, cousin, neice, aunt, uncle etc. etc."

FORT Newbie
    I'm still wondering....how can we find out if Stacey and Marty are still together?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Thanks for the recap, Lucy!! So many funny jokes (and they don't write themselves...pat yourself on the back...you have Talent!!). And thanks for sticking this out to the end with the rest of us. I was painful. I'm glad you shared the pain (hey, that came out way wrong well, ya know what I mean )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Some things that have stuck with me... why doesn't Marty have to answer lie detector questions? Shouldn't the women be privy to just how much of a "catch" this guy is? Where are HIS embarrassing facts?
    The guy's on a reality TV show and his daughters are picking a new wife for him, how much more embarrassing do you want it to get?

This is a misogynistic show that makes these women look like fools in the pursuit of what we all want.
    I don't think that's fair, first off the show is making Marty look like a complete dolt too and second, the women are on the show making themselves look like fools. If you want to blame someone for the format of the show, blame the (mostly female) audience and their desire for a romantic happy ending (i.e. their "Cinderella Complex").

It's sad that NBC chose to portray these ladies as desperate and Marty as a sap who would live with the choice of his unlikeable, immature daughters.
    These ladies are desperate (for their 15 minutes of fame) and Marty is a sap, you can't blame NBC for that.

Where's Who Wants to Marry My Mom?
    Probably on the fall schedule...

Oh yah, I forgot to mention. Great job Lucy.
    I would have said something sooner but I don't read the recaps before I've done my screen caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Besides, jokes about this show pretty much write themselves. Really. They do.

Finally, a crack has appeared in the lovey-dovey, sappy-happy façade of group love among the women who have been vying for Robo-Dad’s affections.

Trust me, this whole exchange played out better on TV. It’s kind of hard to reproduce in writing.

Stacy jumps in first – wisely, you always want to get your side in first – to confide that Suzanne questioned her sincerity.

a resounding “No, run away from this she-devil before she flays you alive”.

Little Sing-Song Girls and Religious Sects – Both Spooky

It would be like saying I’m so obviously going to hell that a multitude of sects have picked up on it.

When a reality show contestant says they’re in love with two people, trust me – one of them is in the mirror.

Pick a theme and stick with it. Personally, I want to see the hate.

So, Suzanne’s idea of home is a shallow, plastic world in which the rugs are made from man-made materials?

Tsk, tsk, Stacy. Someone call the Fab Five.

I desperately wanted to go find a roadhouse where I could drink beer, shoot pool, smoke cheap cigarettes

On second thought, go on.

I don’t think he’s into crying jags and group hugs, though.
    Fantastico!! Another fabulous job, Lucy Liu, and I you're a total pro at the required sarcastic *zing* in these dating shows. I love it! Nay..I need it! I have always loved it, and I will continue to follow you from show to show.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast