+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you think the daughters made the right decision?

FORT Newbie

do you think the daughters made the right decision?

I was SO upset last night, I really wanted Suzanne to win because not only is she attracted to Marty she serves as the PERFECT mother to the 3 girls. I was literally crying and I know , that sounds ridiculous. What do you guys think? Do you think Stacy was the right choice? I guess I am now happy fro Stacy but at the moment I REALLY wanted Suzanne to win, and I feel extremely bad for her!

FORT Newbie
    what do you guys think? Do you think Stacy was the right choice, but now I guess I understand because MArty was in love, but I think in the long run Suzanne would be better ?!?!?!

This show makes no sense to me. I understand that it's important for Marty to select a woman that gets along with his daughters, respects and loves them, etc. But *he's* the one that needs to sleep with her, live with her, love her day in and day out. His facial expression did not even crack while Suzanne was sobbing her heart out over not being chosen...

How in the world could such a couple last "in the longterm" ?? The thought of never seeing her again didn't even cause him to tear up the slightest bit... would you want this man as your husband? Relationships that are so one sided simply don't work... I don't care how "compatible" outsiders think they are...

As much as I detest Stacy.. I think the girls made the right decision in knowing that their dad was in lust with Stacy, to select her for him. I dont think He and Suzanne would had been happy, although Suzanne would had been a perfect mate for him, but exactly what was posted earlier.. the dad had to live, sleep, eat, etc with the choice the girls made.

FORT Fanatic
    Naaah...Marty isn't in love with Stacy and when he watches the show and sees some of the scenes of how Stacy treated the other women, he'll get a different impression of her quickly.

Stacy is terrific at playing the game of catching a man. Heck, she's done it FIVE times now (she's been married 4 times already). No wonder she is able to write terrific wedding vows!

It was clear that the girls saw through her act and saw the genuineness in Suzanne. The words that the girls used in speaking about Suzanne were much more heartfelt than how they described Stacy. I believe the girls were correct in their suspicions that their dad was more in 'lust' with Stacy than truly in love.

It will be interesting to watch what happens. I, for one, do not believe that Stacy will ever become Mrs. Marty Okland.

Quote Originally Posted by anna287
    I was SO upset last night, I really wanted Suzanne to win because not only is she attracted to Marty she serves as the PERFECT mother to the 3 girls. I was literally crying and I know , that sounds ridiculous. What do you guys think? Do you think Stacy was the right choice? I guess I am now happy fro Stacy but at the moment I REALLY wanted Suzanne to win, and I feel extremely bad for her!
    Though I liked her best, she was not a good stepmother. We forget that she is only 9 yrs older than Nicole, so not Mom material, more girlfriend, or older sis material.

Though I whole-heartedly agree that she was the best choice for Marty.

The daughters made the right decision. It's not about who they'd want as a stepmother but who the father would want as a wife. Let's not forget what happened when the Mueller kids picked the lady they liked instead of the one their Dad wanted.

The thing is, these aren't kids that still live "at home" (or with dad) - so it shouldn't be a decision that's up to them anyway... If a grown 40-something year old man can't pick a woman he's compatible with, who'd want him?! The whole premise for this show is just dumb! I can't believe anyone would agree to do this show... :rolleyes

FORT Fogey
    Their real mother is still alive and they are grown women. They don't need a step mother.

Stacy was the right choice because Marty said he was in love with her. I am sure they talk with their dad all the way through this show and do not let anyone go without his approval.

They barely know each other so only time will tell if this works. I doubt either one is sure at this point. Several good relationships have come out of these shows but I would not put my money on this one.

FORT Newbie
    Stacy looked absolutely radiant at the watch party last night, and I did get to talk to Marty. I really think the girls made the right decision. Stacy has never seemed happier, and Marty is definitely in love with Stacy. They make a great couple!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast