+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you think the daughters made the right decision?

FORT Newbie

Change the name of the show ...

I was let down by the daughters. They allowed their Dad to influence their decision completely. I don't know if it was all for show ... or ratings. The girls seemed convinced (and I also) that Suzanne was the woman for their Dad for the long haul. However, Marty opened his mouth and gave his opinion that he would choose Stacy over Suzanne. And the girls (like obedient children) listened to their Dad. If this is going to be the formula for the show ... change the name to "Who Does My Dad WANT to Marry?"

That was the cheesiest finale I've ever watched. What a bunch of sobbing idiots! I don't think it'll last, especially when the man is choosing the woman (notice I didn't say daughters), they don't think with the right body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I didn't know you were so sentimental, fluff.

I'm not really, I just find the fact that these shows rarely seem to serve as anything other than an opportunity for the viewers to take sides and pick favourites really tedious.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If this is going to be the formula for the show ... change the name to "Who Does My Dad WANT to Marry?"
    Well, to be fair, the name of the show isn't "Who do my daughters want me to Marry?"...

And while the daughters should certainly have a say in things, I'm not sure that the "goal of the show" is to let them have 100% of the say. After all, any GOOD son or daughter would have their Dad's best interests at heart, and not selfishly choose their favorite.

I wanted Suzanne to win.
    cARRIE uNDERWOOD iS mY aMERICAN iDOL

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, to be fair, the name of the show isn't "Who do my daughters want me to Marry?"...
    I look at the name of the show more along the lines of: Who (is so desperate she) Wants To Marry My (loser of a ) Dad. And then they just pick the first women who agrees to do it.

i do think the girls made the right choice....one sided relationships just don't work in this culture....though since just about all of these reality tv relationships don't work out, maybe the odds would be better for arranged couples lol

i agree with all who gave the forecasted outlook of dad/stacey, i'm sure once the honeymoon is over and reality sets in, stacy will say goodbye

and that was the worst we love you but, speeches i have ever heard, i was pretty sure stacy was gonna win, but when the girls just went on and on about how great suzanne was, for a split second i thought she would be picked after all, but then the BUT came lol....it was just too mean

bet stacey hates the girls now after seeing that speech to suzanne hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    ...though since just about all of these reality tv relationships don't work out, maybe the odds would be better for arranged couples lol
    Now that could be an interesting show, you get a bunch of applicants who go through extensive personality profiles and you match up 4 or 5 couples who live geographically close to each other and on the first show (after being introduced to them individually) they meet each other at the alter as they get legally married. To build buz for the show they could spend the first show introducing the people, then not show whom they get matched up with until the second show. That way people would be discussing who should get matched with whom around the water cooler coffee machine for a week. The rest of the show would be spent following the couples around during their first year as a couple.

It could be done, the marriages could be successful as long as the producers played it straight. No mixing things up for drama. As long as the producers tried to make the best matches and they made sure the people involved where serious (e.g. they expect to have a traditional wedding night, move in together after the honey-moon, start a family, etc.) it could work. We don't have the social pressures that cultures that have arranged marriages traditionally have but if the "match makers" do their jobs well, the marriages could have a better than average chance to work out. What's the national average, 50%? If they were all from L.A. it would be a breeze, isn't a marriage that lasts six months considered a successful marriage there?

I still think that one of best premises for a reality dating show was Perfect Match/New York. It didn't necessarily end up with a marriage, but gave the woman/man a chance with 3 possible mates. They chose at the end their best match. The preliminary three choices were chosen by a family member/friends and a psychologist. The other good thing was that the psychologist would check in sometimes during the course of the week together to make suggestions to improve the relationship. Anyway, several couples did last. I just don't see Marty & Stacy ending up together any more than the first couple from WWMMD.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

The name of the show is WWTMMD not I will pick a bride for my dad. So, in that sense, the show is NOT misleading. It's miserable to be in a relationship when there is not mutual love no matter which side of it you are on. Been there done that on both ends. I think the daughters were jealous of Stacy BECAUSE of his true feelings for her and felt more threatened by her than by Suzanne who they could manipulate more because the dad had no feelings for her.

Was it just me or did Suzanne seem like the one fooling everyone. She flunked the lie detector test and she is a such a hard looking woman. I'm sorry but she is. I liked Stacy much better but I'm sure I would like both women but Stacy is more my kind of person. I cannot imagine having such expensive shoes and then acting like I was a doormat. What's up with that? At least Stacy is consistant in who she is and doesn't try to act like someone she is not. I thought she was great. I also thought Marty seemed like a really nice guy and the daughters although they did the right thing in the end were haughty about the power they had at times and I found them sort of braty at that time but in the end they seemed ok. I'm sure that's going to be a rough road since I do think they are jealous of Stacy and their father's feelings for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast