+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you think the daughters made the right decision?

The real question is not "did they make the right decision" it's "do we care?"

Marty is no prize. The girls are no prize. And BOTH Suzanne and Stacy were incredibly annoying in very different, but complete ways.

As for whether or not what they did to Suzanne was right? It probably wasn't. It was likely very evil and despicable. But that fact is not enough to suddenly shift all of my impressions of these people into building some magic fantasy where Marty and Suzanne are lovely nice people who I care about, who deserve some fairy tale together, and whatnot. I'm setting these things apart in my mind, personally.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

They made the right decision because their father might have kicked ass had they chosen Suzanne. Did you see the look on his face when Suzanne walked up??? I don't know who seemed to be acting fake more. Him or Stacy???? She looks like she's on drugs or something. Just my opinion!!!

..I bury dem cockaroches! lovely_lady's Avatar
    I'am so gald that Stacy won!!!!
    Say good night to the bad guy...

Quote Originally Posted by lovely_lady
    I'am so gald that Stacy won!!!!
    Stacy, is that you?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    The look on Stacy's face and her comment said it all: "I don't deserve this".

I really think that gal was sooo sure that Suzanne was going to be the one who was chosen and I really think she was hoping that as well.

Stacy is a woman who is terrific at playing the game of attracting a man. However, given the fact that she has had 4 failed marriages at the age of 39, it seems that she is interested in the 'chase' but loses interest quickly after she makes the catch.
    Great observation, baxpup! ITA!!

FORT Newbie
    Who was chosen didn't matter as much as how the producers scripted the ending: the deceit appalled most everyone who watched... So shocking and upsetting all I could do was search out this forum to let NBC know they went way too far. Hope the show loses its commercial endorsements!!!!!!!!!!

choice

I was away and missed the last show because a new hydro pole was being put up and cut the power, so my VCR didn't tape.
    Anyhooo, Marty got his 15 minutes of fame and Stacy got her diamond and that is about it.
    Back to Fritos and modeling for Marty and Stacy looking for the next sucker.

If they had to bring both women back, the least they could've done was *not* told them only one was going to come back. Just don't tell them anything... would've still captured Suzanne's distraught hysterics on film for posterity. Why did they need to blatantly lie to them ?? Unless the producers are just plain stupid and forgot about the contradiction.. I mean, the previews for the finale completely gave the ending away, after all. Shockingly poor production.

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    If they had to bring both women back, the least they could've done was *not* told them only one was going to come back. Just don't tell them anything... would've still captured Suzanne's distraught hysterics on film for posterity. Why did they need to blatantly lie to them ?? Unless the producers are just plain stupid and forgot about the contradiction.. I mean, the previews for the finale completely gave the ending away, after all. Shockingly poor production.
    ITA.

I, for one, won't be watching another "Marry My Dad".
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I thought the whole premise of the show was to let the daughters make the decision; but in the end it seemed that the predominant reason that they chose Stacy was that their Dad said that's who he wanted. So, it really ended up that Marty made his own decision anyway. It's been obvious that Marty would end up with Stacy for three weeks, and it would be because he told the girls who to pick. So anticlimatic!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast