+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: do you think the daughters made the right decision?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by had enough
    Stacy looked absolutely radiant at the watch party last night, and I did get to talk to Marty. I really think the girls made the right decision. Stacy has never seemed happier, and Marty is definitely in love with Stacy. They make a great couple!
    Okay, I am really curious. You say they make a great couple, but from the outside looking in she seems to be smart, pretty adventurous, witty and shartp, and have a strong personality.

He, on the hand, seems dumb as a stump, incredibly boring, pretty much devoid of a personality at all except for this bland niceness, and a giant wimp shoved around by his daughters who more than practically anybody else I've seen on reality TV seems to say absolutely nothing except to parrot what the directors or his kids probably told him ("the last thing I want is a stalker" -- Please. I never heard anybody sound more fake than he did when he parroted that statement, for example), really really literal with no sense of humor (his own or perceptions about what other people are doing when they're being funny or ironic or whatever) plus he's a Fritos salesman ...

From the outside looking in, they seem to be a really lousy match to me! ... i.e., I can see why he would want her, but for the life of me I can't imagine why she would like him. So ... since you've talked to Stacy and talked to Marty, what makes them such a good couple? What does she see in him that is -- to me, anyway -- so extremely non-apparent on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    Okay, I am really curious. You say they make a great couple, but from the outside looking in she seems to be smart, pretty adventurous, witty and shartp, and have a strong personality.

He, on the hand, seems dumb as a stump, incredibly boring, pretty much devoid of a personality at all except for this bland niceness, and a giant wimp shoved around by his daughters who more than practically anybody else I've seen on reality TV seems to say absolutely nothing except to parrot what the directors or his kids probably told him ("the last thing I want is a stalker" -- Please. I never heard anybody sound more fake than he did when he parroted that statement, for example), really really literal with no sense of humor (his own or perceptions about what other people are doing when they're being funny or ironic or whatever) plus he's a Fritos salesman ...

From the outside looking in, they seem to be a really lousy match to me! ... i.e., I can see why he would want her, but for the life of me I can't imagine why she would like him. So ... since you've talked to Stacy and talked to Marty, what makes them such a good couple? What does she see in him that is -- to me, anyway -- so extremely non-apparent on TV?
    Very well put. He definitely appears to be as boring as white bread to me.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    I guess if I was on the outside looking in, I would see what you saw, but I'm not. They are both hard working people who love their children. I don't think Marty was getting pushed around be his daughters. I think they are strong, independent women. That probably comes from a good upbringing.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by had enough
    I guess if I was on the outside looking in, I would see what you saw, but I'm not. They are both hard working people who love their children. I don't think Marty was getting pushed around be his daughters. I think they are strong, independent women. That probably comes from a good upbringing.
    Okay, fair enough ... Marty does certainly seem to love his daughters, and I'm sure he's worked hard.

But I still don't see that being two hard-working people who love their children is much of a basis for attraction. ... If that were true, an awful lot more people would be suited for one another and/or attracted to one another than actually are , I would say.

And, given the editing anyway, I still don't see anything beyond this that the woman Stacy appears to be on television would be likely to find particularly attractive in the man Marty appears to be on television.

Brooke's Not the Only One who wants to throw up . .

Given that a "right" decision was impossible in this instance, and the best that they could do was only choose the less bad of two possible outcomes---Yeah, I think they minimized the carnage as much as they could.

I thought the way they broke the news to Suzanne was really crappy--They blatantly lied to the women by telling them that only one of them would be coming back to the house in a limo. So when Suzanne was brought back to the house, she naturally assumed that she had been chosen. At least on the Bachelor, when they do that, both candidates are aware that they have an equal chance of being shot down. Marty obviously didn't know beforehand--that crestfallen look on his Botoxed face--it fell as much as his paralyzed nerves will allow it--when Suzanne came out was like a neon sign. Then they continued that falsehood by giving her a frilly 5 minute speech before kicking her to the curb. That stunned look on her face spoke volumes, and I thought she held it together admirably. Had it been me, I would've heaved all over Marty's shiny tuxedo.

Yeah . . .here's my scenario: Marty and Stacy have been separated since the end of taping, so they still have the hots for one another. As soon as they do the round of talk shows, they'll go on a Caribbean trip and get it on every way til Tuesday. After they've gotten it out of their systems, ie, returned to his reality of delivering Fritos in Denver, they will realize that they have absolutely nothing in common as the basis for a marriage, and will split up. Personally I don't think Stacy will go through with a wedding--that reaction of hers last night looked more like "Oh, my God--what do I do NOW??' than "Oh, my God, I'm so happy!" If they do have a quickie wedding ceremony, Stacy will have fewer qualms about annulling the whole silly charade than Suzanne would've done. Heck, she may even find Marty's replacement while they are still on their Caribbean 'honeymoon'. Suzanne more likely wanted a real marriage, and would have been far unhappier in the long run with this Stepford bogus-husband than Stacy will.

So, the girls did as well as they could--they gave their arrested development-horndog father his immediate gratification & allowed Suzanne to keep her dignity in the long term. Having to dismantle a sham marriage would have hurt her a lot more than either Stacy or Marty . . .after a few months (if that long) they will return to their pre-show lives, and perhaps Suzanne will find a REAL man from her scads of admirers.

Best of luck to Suzanne. I don't give a hang what happens to our two lovebirds--they deserve each other.
    Last edited by hikari; 08-03-2004 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Move Paragraph

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=hikari]Given that a "right" decision was impossible in this instance, and the best that they could do was only choose the less bad of two possible outcomes---Yeah, I think they minimized the carnage as much as they could.
    Yeah . . .here's my scenario: Marty and Stacy have been separated since the end of taping, so they still have the hots for one another. As soon as they do the round of talk shows, they'll go on a Caribbean trip and get it on every way til Tuesday. After they've gotten it out of their systems, ie, returned to his reality of delivering Fritos in Denver, they will realize that they have absolutely nothing in common as the basis for a marriage, and will split up. Personally I don't think Stacy will go through with a wedding--that reaction of hers last night looked more like "Oh, my God--what do I do NOW??' than "Oh, my God, I'm so happy!" If they do have a quickie wedding ceremony, Stacy will have fewer qualms about annulling the whole silly charade than Suzanne would've done. ...

So, the girls did as well as they could--they gave their arrested development-horndog father his immediate gratification & allowed Suzanne to keep her dignity in the long term. Having to dismantle a sham marriage would have hurt her a lot more than either Stacy or Marty . . .QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds about right to me. It definitely is the best thing that could have happened to Suzanne. It would have been her only marriage, I think, and it clearly does seem to be easier for many people to leave a later marriage when they've already left one or more, as is the case with Stacy and Marty.

She might have been somewhat traumatized by that, and, in the long run, possibly more traumatized than by the crummy dumping she had to endure on national television. At least during the tv dumping, the girls told her they liked her. During a divorce, you don't usually hear very many compliments!

FORT Newbie

Wrong decision

The first mistake was the father telling his girls who he wanted to marry. That was the only reason Suzanne wasn't chosen. If they had had the real freedom to choose, and if he believed what he told them, that he raised them to make good decisions he would have let them decide without his influence. Why is that important? Because woman know woman! These girls know in their gut what everywoman in America knows which is Stacy is a player and manipulative. No offense guys, but you couldn't see a manipulative woman if she admitted it to your face. That is why at least I thought he wanted his daughters to make the choice because he trusted not only them, but their ability to spot one a mile away. And they did make the right choice...Suzanne. Unfortunately he didn't. So they caved and gave him what he wanted. I give it a year and no more than three. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Hopefully those girls will remember as well as Marty, Suzanne's parting words..."If anything happens I will still be here." I think the coolest show would be cameras inside Marty and Stacy's home after marriage. Trust me, it will be her telling him to jump and Marty saying how high. And if that isn't enough, those girls won't put up with her crap. Soooo, then Marty will have to decide between her or them.
    Why do the good girls always get left? Because guys with more lust than brains miss the forest for the trees.

Diva wrote:

>>>His facial expression did not even crack while Suzanne was sobbing her heart out over not being chosen...

Well, Diva . . .Marty's face CAN'T crack . . .it's paralyzed! He may have been eating his heart out, but unfortunately his facial expression is permanently frozen that way.

FORT Fanatic
    The look on Stacy's face and her comment said it all: "I don't deserve this".

I really think that gal was sooo sure that Suzanne was going to be the one who was chosen and I really think she was hoping that as well.

Stacy is a woman who is terrific at playing the game of attracting a man. However, given the fact that she has had 4 failed marriages at the age of 39, it seems that she is interested in the 'chase' but loses interest quickly after she makes the catch.

Rae
    I believe that the end of the show was wrong myself. If I was Suzanne I wouldn't of grabbed Marty I would of been jumping the daughters.
    But actually even though they call it a Reality show how much of it is STAGED?
    And I am happy with the chose they made..............hope it all works out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast