+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interviews on television

Interviews on television

Does anyone know if they will be doing any television interviews? I would love to see a reunion with Spacy, Suzanne and Marilyn with Marty and the girls.

Stacy would probably be cringing as they fawn all over the 2 other ladies.

FORT Newbie
    Has anyone heard if there will be a reunion show? There is time between now and the Olympics.

Marilyn did an online interview. I have seen an online interview with Melanie Matney. Surely, Suzanne and Stacy will be interviewed somehow online, at least. It would be interesting to see how Suzanne survived her figurative beheading on national TV.

Premium Member
    I would like to see interviews or followups myself but I'm not hopeful. The NBC site still has the interview with Marilyn as "just added", and it's a couple of weeks old I believe.

I would love to see an interview with Suzanne.. after the way she was mistreated last night, I just wanted to slap them for doing her that way. That was really ridiculous and the girls to say, we wanted to bring her back so you could tell her goodbye, after telling both ladies they would only bring back the one they chosen. That was just downright low. Shame on you Marty and Girls, NBC and whoever else was responsible for that part.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I would love to see an interview with Suzanne.. after the way she was mistreated last night, I just wanted to slap them for doing her that way. That was really ridiculous and the girls to say, we wanted to bring her back so you could tell her goodbye, after telling both ladies they would only bring back the one they chosen. That was just downright low. Shame on you Marty and Girls, NBC and whoever else was responsible for that part.
    It was pretty awful. ... But if I'm recalling correctly, they did the same thing last season -- said that they were only bringing one back but then broght the loser back first. I guess this is to keep Dad guessing?

It does seem unnecessarily cruel to the women, however. Last season Christy, who lost, got her own back though by refusing to kiss Dad Don when she'd been dragged back to the house on false pretenses. I remember thinking during that show, too, that it was lousy of them to tell the women that they'd only be returning if they won.

I can't remember how last season ended, but even if it did like this year I think they could had done it in a more tactful way, by telling them we are sending you to a hotel for tonight so we can make our decison and we will bring you back one more time to let you know what it is, and if you arent chosen you can say your goodbyes, etc. That would had been a little easier. I thought she was chosen too.. and was totally surprised till they did what they did, and when she started crying, and Marty standing there with this blank look on his face, not really consoling her.. it just made me feel bad for her, and usually I dont for reality tv contestants. I just didnt like the way it ended, and hope in the future they reedit this part.

I agree that it was awful the daughters built up Suzanne by saying how they knew she would fit into their family, and then listed her great qualities and how she would be a perfect wife for their dad, only to not choose her. I know last year's show ended the same way. But I feel it is cruel to do this when the ladies were told only the "winner" could be coming back from their hotel. Shame, shame NBC - at least give the women an opportunity to prepare themselves if they are not chosen. I am sure NBC scripted the lines the daughters rattled off to Suzanne. Guess NBC feels they will get more emotion if the woman not chosen is blindsided. I am glad one of the daughters felt nauseous after seeing how devistated Suzanne was after their deception. Dad did have the dignity to look ill at ease when Suzanne was so obviously distraught. I know contestants sign up for these shows but maybe they should be more leary of the fine print that says NBC can outright lie to them. Shame, Shame, Shame NBC!

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    I know contestants sign up for these shows but maybe they should be more leary of the fine print that says NBC can outright lie to them. Shame, Shame, Shame NBC!
    It's one thing to be embarrassed by something you do or say while being on tv, quite another to be set up like she was, simply for the reaction shot on camera. I agree it is very shameful on NBC's part.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie

I think they do know...

I was thinking the same thing about why they brought them both back when they were told only the "winner" would, but I think the women DO know that they're both coming back, because remember how nervous and unconfident Stacy was, as if she knew "goodbye" was an option? I think Suzanne's confidence wasn't from assuming that only the winner would be back, but because she never seemed to have a doubt that she would be picked from the beginning! Just my two cents...

Here is an artical about Stacy in a TX newspaper:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/9307991.htm?1c

'Dad' winner shares secret

By Denise Morris

Alliance Regional Newspapers

ADDISON - Stacy Leutner spent Monday night hosting a watch party with about two dozen of her closest friends and relatives, watching for her moment of fame as a reality-show contestant.

By 10 p.m., everyone knew what she had kept a secret since February.

The former Denton County resident was the choice of three grown daughters searching for a bride for their single father, Marty Okland, in NBC's five-episode Who Wants to Marry My Dad?

"We're looking forward to going public with our relationship," Leutner said after the show.

Leutner of Addison and Okland, a Longmont, Colo., resident, plan to continue with the relationship, but they haven't set any wedding dates.

Okland plans to come to Texas soon and meet Leutner's 14-year-old daughter, Ashton, and Leutner's relatives in Ardmore, Okla.

Ordinarily, Leutner would have spent Monday afternoon wrapping up loose ends at Syracuse Sausage Co., in Ponder, where she works as an accountant.

But on this night, she was the toast of the Mercy Wine Bar in Addison, her favorite nightspot.

In Monday's final episode, it was down to Stacy and Suzanne from the opening episode's 13 contestants.

People at the watch party howled when Leutner's secret was finally out of the bag.

"It's really been hard to keep it quiet all this time," Leutner said.

She said she has remained true to her promise -- somewhat of a gag order from NBC -- to keep everything secret, despite daily attempts from co-workers, friends and relatives to solve the mystery. Taping began in February.

Scott Satin, the show's executive producer, said he knew Leutner would be perfect for the show when he met her. Most people want to be on reality shows for the fame and visibility, but Leutner was different, he said.

"Stacy really wanted to meet that special someone and would have been a part of this process even if it wasn't on TV," Satin said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast