+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    All I could think when I saw her at the end of the show is that she'd come down with some horrible disease and theyd dragged her out of the intensive care unit, dressed her up, and shoved her on the stage in a near-death, zombie-like state because she had to fulfill her contract. She looked sick and/or stoned and absolutely awful to me on the show -- What did they do to her *hair*, for one thing? And what was that look in her eyes, and the stone face? Anyway, I guess she recovered by the time of the watch party -- she had six months to get well, so I guess it's nice that she did.
    Haha -- love your observations....you really made me laugh.

Maybe she was nervous and had downed several bottles of that expensive wine she likes. Would NBC provide expensive wine, especially if it were not going to be shown on camera? Probably not. Let me rephrase: Maybe she was nervous and had downed several bottles of any wine.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Maybe she was nervous and had downed several bottles of any wine.
    It looked to me sort of like wine and quaaludes ... I really thought she must be sick. But maybe it was whatever they put on her hair to make it stay in that strange, unflattering curl thingy. ...

I don't know about anyone else, but I've noticed that on a lot of these shows they do extreme "dressy" stuff to the women's hair for some of the "ceremonies" and then when you see them in photographs from real life or on a reunion show or something later, they look a lot better because they don't have the wacky 'do. ... Of course, here is was the face as much as the hairdo that contributed to the bride-of-Frankenstein feel. I really did think that she was sick ... Maybe that throw-up ailment was going around the case ...

Looked like tranquilizers to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Looked like tranquilizers to me too!
    Yeah, that was bizarre. I hate the whisper-talk she does sometimes, but add to it the insipid, glazed-who-am-I-where-am-I mask she had on, and it just conjures up all kinds of weird and funny thoughts!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    sweetenough - the reason I brought up how many times she's been married is because she lied about it on the show. If she had told the truth, there would have been no reason for me to set the record straight. I guess everyone else has discussed is because anytime someone has been married that many times (be it 3 or 4), it sets off alarms with most people.

FORT Regular
    SHE didnt lie!!! NBC Knew it ALL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sooner
    sweetenough - the reason I brought up how many times she's been married is because she lied about it on the show. If she had told the truth, there would have been no reason for me to set the record straight. I guess everyone else has discussed is because anytime someone has been married that many times (be it 3 or 4), it sets off alarms with most people.

FORT Newbie
    TigerMom -

You keep saying she didn't lie. But she stood there, on national television, and said "Yes, I've been married 3 times. I married my second husband twice." I don't care how you spin it, that's a flat out lie. Now, maybe you're implying that NBC coerced her into lying. Then shame on her for allowing them to do so. The words came out of HER mouth. She lied.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    SHE didnt lie!!! NBC Knew it ALL!!!

OK - I guess the big question is did she lie to Marty & the girls?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Sassy Sooner]TigerMom -

You keep saying she didn't lie. But she stood there, on national television, and said "Yes, I've been married 3 times. I married my second husband twice." I don't care how you spin it, that's a flat out lie. QUOTE]

Well, maybe she told herself that she wasn't exactly telling a lie, she was just omitting some of the truth.

After all, she *was* married three times, and she did marry her second husband twice ... It's just that there's this fourth marriage that she neglected to mention. ... She may have told herself that there were plenty of things the other women neglected to mention, also, which I'm sure is true. ...

I'm not defending her -- just noting a possible rationalization you might use in this situation!

I've smoked Cat Nip...... Leviathan's Avatar
    1. Stacey hasn't got any "look" of being stoned, etc. Her eyebrows threw it all off. Make her eyebrows look normal and the face/expressions will follow.

2. Editting owns all of you.

Leviathan

+ Reply to Thread