+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Elderly? did you say ELDERLY???

My bad, what is he 52-53? They looked of age to me.

47, I believe.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    47, I believe.

Thank you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daximus
    But don't you think these women watch these shows (either literally this show or Bachelor/Bachelorette/FLOM/etc. and know that when it gets down to two, they both go through this little ceremony with the guy all dressed up and both get a good speech to start with but then one of them gets rejected?

It's not that I don't agree that it's cruel, but it seems to be a pretty standard part of the game. What else could Suzanne have expected?
    They were told specifically that only one would return to the house, which would leave anybody to guess that they'd won. Didn't you even notice Marty's reaction [jaw dropped to ground] that Suzanne was there, instead of his choice Stacy? He thought she was the one selected too, given what had been said earlier.

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Didn't you just post this same thing on the other thread?
    yes she did

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I really get a kick out of the posts after the final ceremony on these shows. Seems it never fails that a few people who knew the finalists (or so they say) come in to defend their gal. I think we all have to remember that these shows are a) for our entertainment b) not about lasting relationships. WWTMMD has no good outcome. No matter who chose who. We are talking about two parents merging families. Trust me, I know from experience that this steparenting thing can become a permanent nightmare - even without the interference of a broadcast tv show. In real life, if Stacy and Marty marry (which they won't...look at the odds...reality tv contestants do not stay together)....they are going to have to deal with Ashton (who will feel left out because the "whole" family got to be on tv and participate in the decision...poor Ashton...I feel sorry for that kid). They have to deal with The Daughters Three who will probably always stay way more involved in the marriage than they should be allowed to. Stacy will ALWAYS be compared to Suzanne (and/or many of the previously axed contestants). Marty is going to be married to a lady who KNOWS he made out/ fell for/ had connections with/ several other women in the timespan of three weeks! Three weeks! Who falls in love in three weeks? It takes me three weeks to figure out if I like the new chair I bought.

Luckily for all...They will never get far enough to make this "family" -- everyone should be sighing in relief.

PS...I always thought Stacy was taking traquilizers...I can't blame her. I almost had to take them just to watch this show - I can't imagine having (okay choosing) to be in it!!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=KaiCee]I really get a kick out of the posts after the final ceremony on these shows. Seems it never fails that a few people who knew the finalists (or so they say) come in to defend their gal.

Well to answer that what do you expect... if you had a friend that was on tv and everyone was bashing her about her personal life wouldn't you be defending them? I really don't care what they say about what was going on during the show but when they start talking about how many times she has been married and talking about Ashton I DO get offended and feel that someone needs to stick up for her ya know. I thought that the show was pretty lame. I wouldn't have watched anything like that .. the only reason why I did watch every episode was due to Stacy. It is weird seeing someone that you see everyday in person on tv. Just wondering what kind of "proof" you need to believe that I really do know Stacy personally? I guess it does make people feel better to put someone else down. I really think that NBC did a good job on picking all the woman that were on the show. Anyhow just wanted to say that! toodles!

Going on a reality TV show, your friend put herself in place to be criticized as well as praised. The reason marriage came up.. (Maybe because its talking about Who Wants to Marry My Dad show) and anyone in their right mind would want to know details of why their next wife/husband were divorced one, two, three, even four times, and I would think looking out for your child's welfare and interest should matter too. Those are things you would discuss or think about before entering another marriage. As far as you proving you know Stacy or are friends with her, it really doesn't matter to me, because its just TV and really makes no difference or would not change my opinion.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-03-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by had enough
    Didn't Stacy look wonderful last night? She was soooo beautiful at the watch party. The ring is to die for!!! I even got to talk to Marty last night, and he is such a sweet person. I think they really make a good couple. I hope NBC does a show when they get married.
    Well, since we didn't SEE her at "the watch party"... we can only go by what she looked like on our TV screens last night. And I would say "NO! She did NOT look beautiful, with her MOP hairdo & her STONED expression..." I'd say she looked like hell, quite frankly!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Well, since we didn't SEE her at "the watch party"... we can only go by what she looked like on our TV screens last night. And I would say "NO! She did NOT look beautiful, with her MOP hairdo & her STONED expression..." I'd say she looked like hell, quite frankly!
    All I could think when I saw her at the end of the show is that she'd come down with some horrible disease and theyd dragged her out of the intensive care unit, dressed her up, and shoved her on the stage in a near-death, zombie-like state because she had to fulfill her contract. She looked sick and/or stoned and absolutely awful to me on the show -- What did they do to her *hair*, for one thing? And what was that look in her eyes, and the stone face? Anyway, I guess she recovered by the time of the watch party -- she had six months to get well, so I guess it's nice that she did.

+ Reply to Thread