+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This was never the kids' choice

Say the kids force Suzanne on him even though he made his favorite quite clear and was quite vocal about it.

Are they really going to sit on the couch and cuddle while watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad on TV ? Come on.

That's why the premise of this show never made sense to me. If the kids pick a woman the Dad isn't totally infatuated with, she's going to be quite aware of that fact as soon as she begins watching the show.

...isn't that what happened with the last Who Wants to Marry My Dad ? The kids forced the little old lady (forget her name, sorry...) on the bald Dad and sent away the busty former beauty queen. Well, what woman would tolerate knowing that the man she's with only considered her an inferior second choice (...at best)?

There's no way the kids could ever impose their will: their Dad might grudgingly consent to it; but the woman that they force him to pick? No matter how much she might love him (or his money), could she tolerate knowing where his heart truly lies ?

Well, I for one didn't care ever since melanie left. I know I sound like a broken record, but I will always feel that Melanie was "the one". I personally liked Sharon better than YOU LOVE ME Stacy or SuzYOU LOVE MEanne. She, altho' not a glamour queen, seemed to be down to earth and a lot of fun. Marty wanted his pin up girl and he ended up with a choice of a woman who liked to spend money or a woman who liked to fart. Big Selection (said with sarcasm)!! He got what he deserved.

It wouldnt had been fair to the other lady to be in a loveless relationship either. This way by selecting the woman he liked, if it dont work out, he cant blame the girls saying well you were the one that picked her for me. They made the right choice, although their choice was clearly Suzanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sooner
    for best performance in a reality tv show, Stacy Wells Jordan Leutner Campbell Campbell Okland! Oh my gosh, that girl deserves an emmy! I have to say, I was almost embarrased for her.... almost. That was quite a performance.
    So this will be her 5th marriage (if it gets that far) - and then 5th divorce...! Even though the premise of this show was to have the daughters pick, it still came down to him doing the choosing, and we all know how successful the relationships are where the man does the choosing...

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Oh yeah, it was prime snark material. Really one of the strangest shows I've ever seen, and the ending was crueler than Superstar USA...where the whole premise of the show was to be cruel.

Cheesy and baffling to the very end too.... Who the heck was the weird little girl that showed up? And the lie detector question about gnawing off your arm.....
    Oh how I hated this crap. And watched every minute of it. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Daximus
    But don't you think these women watch these shows (either literally this show or Bachelor/Bachelorette/FLOM/etc. and know that when it gets down to two, they both go through this little ceremony with the guy all dressed up and both get a good speech to start with but then one of them gets rejected?

It's not that I don't agree that it's cruel, but it seems to be a pretty standard part of the game. What else could Suzanne have expected?
    What was the whole purpose to having the girls say that only the chosen one would be coming back?!?! What was supposed to happen to the one NOT chosen? Was she supposed to sit in her hotel room waiting all night?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Poor Suzanne - she got blindsided. The girls really wanted her to stick around - that much was very obvious as they stumbled for nice things to say about Stacey. Sadder still? I bet Suzanne would come back to them all in a heartbeat (once the obligatory lovey-dovey interviews air and Marty and Lockjaw announce their spilt) Either Suzanne was COMPLETELY caught up in the moment, or that woman was really in love with the whole sorry bunch of them
    Didn't Suzanne say something to that effect? ..."if things don't work out" or something like that! Suzanne - as soon as you've been away from this family for awhile, you'll realize that you're lucky to be away from them! Would you really want to be second choice for someone who'd pick Stacey?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Did someone wire Stacey's jaw shut? She was so stiff. She did a horrible job of acting too-she looked so fake trying to be so shocked. Give me a break. She wanted to "win", that's it. I don't think they will get married.
    Not only was she "stiff" - she looked STONED!! Someone should have given her a mirror and told her to get that stupid look off her face! (UGGHHH!) I think she was obviously acting too... She was probably thinking: "Oh, no! What have I gotten myself into here? I just wanted to WIN - I really don't want to marry this guy!"

I still feel that both women wanted Marty because they wanted to win.....I don't believe for a minute that either of them "love" him. OH MY GOD!! This show is SO CHEESY. I 'm with clipse, in that I had to keep changing the channel, too. I felt like I was going to go into a diabetic coma from all the saccharin. I was glad his girls went with his choice, though, did you see the disappointment in his face when Suzanne walked onto the balcony/patio? I do hope NBC reads these posts.....it was definitely painful to watch Suzanne's breakdown. This show has sunk to new depths.
    Does anyone know how old Ashton is? Is she still under Stacy's roof? Good luck there.
    One last thought, Marty's girls ought to keep an eye on stepmom when they bring their boyfriends home for dinner......does anyone else have the song, "Mrs. Robinson" running in their head?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

The ugly judgmental faces the girls make to each other during the lie detector stuff just turns my stomach. I would love to see them be on the receiving end of some of this nonsense. Stacy sure did seem stoned. The whole insipid look on her face, the smirk, the whispered voice she was using.....ugh. The whole ending, from her to Marty, to his girls.....it all looked so scripted and poorly acted. I cannot stand any of these people. They deserve to live a miserable life together. :phhht Wow, I really ranted there!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread