+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Did somebody say ELDERLY???? :phhht

I have to agree with the people who hated the set up of the ending. Maybe Dad was so in love with Stacy that he could not hide it, and the producers made the girls to say what they did before and during the "ceremony" to create some suspense. And I believe the girl who said she wanted to throw up was saying so because she was genuinely feeling so bad for Suzanne, that they had to do what they were told to do by the producers.

Maybe Stacy came off as cold because she is by nature analytical like the girls said, so I give her the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say that I liked Suzanne much better. Anyway it was nice that the girls went with their Dad's wish. I don't see how it could have worked out if dad was clearly in love with Stacy and the girls would have chosen Suzanne. That would have been very much good old arranged marriage in style "you'll learn to love her romantically one day" if Suzanne would have been chosen. So I do think the right person got chosen in the end.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Newbie
    sweetenough - I have a question for you. Stacy's bio says that she is a "Controller/Accountant". As far as I know, she never finished college (unless it was several years later after she moved to California). I'm not sure which company you work for, but how could she hold a position like that without a college degree? Is that really her job title?

All - The scene between Stacy and Suzanne was just a glimmer of the real Stacy. I could certainly hear the venom in her voice and see the malice on her face and it didn't surprise me a bit.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    So I do think the right person got chosen in the end.
    The thing is: it's a lose-lose situation no matter which of the two ladies they chose. I wasn't rootin' or hatin' either Suzanne or Stacy...but think about this: If they chose Suzanne - she would always know that Marty really wanted Stacy. That wouldn't be a good basis for a stable loving "family" life and marriage.

They picked Stacy...but if Marty and Stacy ever got married (not likely)...can you imagine the scenes with Daddy and StepMommy?

Daughter: "Oh Daddy, buy me this Prada bag"

StepMommyStacy: "Are you kidding? Daddy needs that money to buy me a $500 bottle of wine"

All three Daughters" "WaaaHaaa, you were never our choice for the StepMommy anyway...Suzanne would have let us have our Prada bags! We know cuz she told the fake-lie-detector-dude that she would finance her own shopping sprees"

Marty: "Huh, what? Oh, sorry...I was paying attention to my other brain again"

ETA: Stacy really did look like she was on major doses of Valium. Drug tests should be required instead of fake-lie-detector tests.
    Last edited by KaiCee; 08-03-2004 at 11:19 AM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Suzanne most certainly did not deserve to be humiliated on national television but then again neither did any of the other ladies. I have no sympathy for any of them because they voluntarily applied to be on the show. The Mullins kids picked the lady they liked, while the father was more attracted to the former Miss USA and we all know how that ended. The daughters did the right thing. The father is the one who is going to be with the woman, so his feelings should be taken into consideration. He seems to be attracted to Stacy, so maybe they will give it a legitimate shot. I am having a hard time believing Suzanne is actually 39 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    The thing is: it's a lose-lose situation no matter which of the two ladies they chose. I wasn't rootin' or hatin' either Suzanne or Stacy...but think about this: If they chose Suzanne - she would always know that Marty really wanted Stacy. That wouldn't be a good basis for a stable loving "family" life and marriage.

They picked Stacy...but if Marty and Stacy ever got married (not likely)...can you imagine the scenes with Daddy and StepMommy?

Daughter: "Oh Daddy, buy me this Prada bag"

StepMommyStacy: "Are you kidding? Daddy needs that money to buy me a $500 bottle of wine"

All three Daughters" "WaaaHaaa, you were never our choice for the StepMommy anyway...Suzanne would have let us have our Prada bags! We know cuz she told the fake-lie-detector-dude that she would finance her own shopping sprees"

Marty: "Huh, what? Oh, sorry...I was paying attention to my other brain again"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sooner
    sweetenough - I have a question for you. Stacy's bio says that she is a "Controller/Accountant". As far as I know, she never finished college (unless it was several years later after she moved to California). I'm not sure which company you work for, but how could she hold a position like that without a college degree? Is that really her job title?.
    My sister's a controller/accountant and she didn't go to college. I think it depends on the company ... In some circumstances people seem to be able to work up to that job through a series of lesser accounting positions. You wouldn't be a CPA or anything, I guess, but for some organizations that apparently doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    My sister's a controller/accountant and she didn't go to college. I think it depends on the company ... In some circumstances people seem to be able to work up to that job through a series of lesser accounting positions. You wouldn't be a CPA or anything, I guess, but for some organizations that apparently doesn't matter.
    It's a sausage company, keep that in mind. It's not like its FORD, Citigroup, Tyco...

I am thinking Stacy relies more on her looks to succeed, anyway. IMHO

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    If they chose Suzanne - she would always know that Marty really wanted Stacy.
    Can't imagine the tension in the room today with Stacey knowing now that the daughters wanted Suzanne.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Can't imagine the tension in the room today with Stacey knowing now that the daughters wanted Suzanne.
    Interesting topic at a Oakland Christmas Dinner table

+ Reply to Thread