+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Agree. Suzanne's rejection was the cruelest I've ever seen and the producers and NBC should be drawn and quartered for not only scripting it that way but airing it.

As I recall from the first Marry My Dad show, there was a similar setup, but the woman held her poise and her pride and wouldn't even let Dad kiss her goodbye. She too had been praised by the kids, but I don't think to the extent that the Okland kids did for Suzanne.

Personalities should be taken into account. If they couldn't pull off a non-gut-wrenching rejection, forcing us to watch a person fall apart like that, then it shouldn't have been aired.

NBC = Not (a) Bit (of) Class

Shame on them

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    First, that woman, stacy look hella weird and as if she couldn't even crack a decent smile.
    Second, It's weird watching the elderly kiss. That was way too dramatic.

FORT Regular
    I totally agree with your statement, where was NBC's Class when they were talking about stacy farting???? So yep, I agree with you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaypasa2

Shame on them

Agree. Suzanne's rejection was the cruelest I've ever seen and the producers and NBC should be drawn and quartered for not only scripting it that way but airing it.
    But don't you think these women watch these shows (either literally this show or Bachelor/Bachelorette/FLOM/etc. and know that when it gets down to two, they both go through this little ceremony with the guy all dressed up and both get a good speech to start with but then one of them gets rejected?

It's not that I don't agree that it's cruel, but it seems to be a pretty standard part of the game. What else could Suzanne have expected?

As I recall from the first Marry My Dad show, there was a similar setup, but the woman held her poise and her pride and wouldn't even let Dad kiss her goodbye. She too had been praised by the kids, but I don't think to the extent that the Okland kids did for Suzanne.

Personalities should be taken into account. If they couldn't pull off a non-gut-wrenching rejection, forcing us to watch a person fall apart like that, then it shouldn't have been aired.

Shame on them
    Leaving that other girl on the church doorstep in her wedding gown was even worse.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by Daximus
    It's not that I don't agree that it's cruel, but it seems to be a pretty standard part of the game. What else could Suzanne have expected?
    Anything but to be rejected on the national TV. See, all these women are very confident in their charms. For them rejection is a failure. It has nothing to do with the guy but only with pride.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Ugh - Stacey Woman needs to learn to open her jaw when she speaks.
    The scene of her and Suzanne in the bathroom, with Stacey spitting venom from between clenched teeth, the whole "sista" thing - Shades of things to come for poor Marty, I'm afraid.
    Poor Suzanne - she got blindsided. The girls really wanted her to stick around - that much was very obvious as they stumbled for nice things to say about Stacey. Sadder still? I bet Suzanne would come back to them all in a heartbeat (once the obligatory lovey-dovey interviews air and Marty and Lockjaw announce their spilt) Either Suzanne was COMPLETELY caught up in the moment, or that woman was really in love with the whole sorry bunch of them
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I find it hard to believe Suzanne is only 38
    Is that what she claimed to be?
    Oh please!
    I know 58 year old people who don't have that many wrinkles!

Note to self, don't watch next season. This show tried to make it so emotional and to me it came off really corny. I changed the channel about 6 times. I knew they picked Stacy because of the previews so the show just ended up being really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by catbells
    This is my first post but my last time to watch this show. I even allowed my 10 year old daughter to watch...no more! When they told the women that one of them would not be coimg back to the house and then brought Suzanne back to get her hopes up and her heart broken that was the last straw! What a bunch of ratings junk. Shame on those girls for allowing that to happen. Shame on the people who created this show for doing this. Thwe show has know entered the trash cans of all trash cans never to be opened by me again.
    Shame on NBC!
    I agree with you Catbells. They said that the lady coming back to the house would be the winner.. and than they said all these nice things only to let her down and break her heart, and tell her they hadnt chosen her. Leaving Nicole at the church in her wedding gown and having a cab pick her up with just eliminated was terrible too. Marty, the girls and NBC should be ashamed of how they treated both of these ladies. I liked it when she put Stacy in her place in the bathroom, it would had been better if she had slapped the old witch in the face! And the thing about Stacy farting.. that was a bad fact about the girl (told by an ex boyfriend).. and if that is the worse bad fact they could had found on her.. Im sorry but I dont feel NBC did anything to hurt the old fart. Shit the old bat being married 4 times and taking her best friends hubby should had been revealed. Marty, I hope you enjoy your time with Stacy. You both deserve each other!

+ Reply to Thread