+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Once they 'win'...

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Well, imho, I think both of the women will be more interested in the income aspect for a long term commitment. Both of them seem to me to be more interested in what they get rather than who he is as a person.
    I have a huge interest in the income aspect of any man I may potentially marry. Who doesn't? How do you know what these women are truly interested in. That's what is so frustrating about this show. They give you nothing. I love the bad facts, but I could honestly live without the lie detector. I think it's bogus. I would rather see him and/or the girls getting to know these women good and bad. We have no idea of what their decision is really based on.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I have a huge interest in the income aspect of any man I may potentially marry. Who doesn't? How do you know what these women are truly interested in. That's what is so frustrating about this show. They give you nothing. I love the bad facts, but I could honestly live without the lie detector. I think it's bogus. I would rather see him and/or the girls getting to know these women good and bad. We have no idea of what their decision is really based on.
    Not to mention... what are with the stupid questions...
    Are you in love with the lie detector guy? Can we go on your honeymoon? Will you make us dinner? C'mon... do the daughters write those, or the show? If this is supposed to be serious, then wouldn't you want real questions, with the potential of getting real answers?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    please give me a brake..

on the two to tango, I meant marriages, not people. and i would check the facts on if any or all were married or not....
    Have Stacy come on and verify.. we can only go off of what we hear from Sassy.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Are you in love with the lie detector guy? Can we go on your honeymoon? Will you make us dinner? C'mon... do the daughters write those, or the show? If this is supposed to be serious, then wouldn't you want real questions, with the potential of getting real answers?
    That's exactly why this show is so stupid. I think the whole show is scripted, and poorly done at that. The majority of us FORTers have a better grip on reality and a sharper wit than the people on and behind this show. No one walks away unscathed....the women (with the exception of Melanie and Marilyn) act like idiots, the "children" like spoiled 10-year-olds, and Marty, gad, what can be said about Marty....he seems like a whipped puppy to me, who can't speak for himself about anything. I think he's used to having women of all ages tell him what to do and what to think. Wait a minute...Stacy is perfect for him, that is until she sees his real house -- that's got to be a shocker after the mansion!

BTW, lil'ol you have morphed from a muppet into a beautiful woman! Nice avatar!!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    That's exactly why this show is so stupid. I think the whole show is scripted, and poorly done at that. The majority of us FORTers have a better grip on reality and a sharper wit than the people on and behind this show. No one walks away unscathed....the women (with the exception of Melanie and Marilyn) act like idiots, the "children" like spoiled 10-year-olds, and Marty, gad, what can be said about Marty....he seems like a whipped puppy to me, who can't speak for himself about anything. I think he's used to having women of all ages tell him what to do and what to think. Wait a minute...Stacy is perfect for him, that is until she sees his real house -- that's got to be a shocker after the mansion!

BTW, lil'ol you have morphed from a muppet into a beautiful woman! Nice avatar!!
    Hey- we should write and produce a show. Start thinking of ideas...
    Avatar change... morphed from Animal to female. I did not feel "Muppety" anymore. Bet you won't catch that face on any stupid reality shows, though!
    Last edited by lil'olme; 07-21-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Hey- we should write and produce a show. Start thinking of ideas...
    There's a bunch of us who ride the train in to the city every morning. The ride lasts about an hour and we've often said we should be a reality show. We have great topics of conversation and we hold eliminations, we get snarky, we have challenges, etc. None of it's organized, but mostly it's funny. We've had people move from our car because we're annoying, but we've had people who show up faithfully to listen/watch us. We got some lashback when we all took a vacation within the same week.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm..I think it's a good thing Zaaam and I don't ride a train into work together.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

There's a bunch of us who ride the train in to the city every morning. The ride lasts about an hour and we've often said we should be a reality show. We have great topics of conversation and we hold eliminations, we get snarky, we have challenges, etc. None of it's organized, but mostly it's funny. We've had people move from our car because we're annoying, but we've had people who show up faithfully to listen/watch us. We got some lashback when we all took a vacation within the same week.
    I'm one of those lousy southern Californians who sits on the freeway in traffic. I can have a fabulous time with my friends, too, and think it would be great to start the day like you do, funnygirl. I would LOVE to ride a train with you and your group! Heck, I would love to be one the folks who gets to listen/watch you and your group on the train. I think the fact that you hold eliminations and challenges is a riot. Thanks for the laughs.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Couldn't you arrange to get a camera crew on that train & start production?! Sounds like a great show!! If I took that train, I'd be a regular too!

Premium Member

Just MHO but I'm giving the daughters the benefit of the doubt that they did not dream up these moronic "challenges" or write these questions. As much as I don't care for the girls, I don't think they're THAT dumb/strange. But who knows...it wouldn't surprise me.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234