Closed Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion thread ***Spoilers

FORT Fanatic
    Stacey and Suzanne seem to be in a competition with each other and are pulling out all the stops to "win" the man. Suzanne's face contortions bother me.

It's pretty obvious that Marty is falling for Marilyn. Their "connection" during the vow reading was most remarkable.

And kudos for Melanie - she may be young but she handled the events of the evening with style.

FORT Fan
    Okay, I'll admit that I watched the whole show. While saying to myself the entire time that this is soooo degrading to those women but reminding myself that they signed up for it. But come on - wedding gowns? vows? Who thinks of this stuff? I'm almost at the limit of what I'll put up with.

I like the idea of wedding gowns and vows. If they weren't sincere, they wouldn't had gone through it. That's the name of the game in the show, so the ladies know up front that they have all these little obstacles and tests to win this man and daughter's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup

And kudos for Melanie - she may be young but she handled the events of the evening with style.
    Hey there baxpup. Not sure of your age, and I AGREE that Melanie is young, but I think we all think that Melanie is younger than the rest because she looks SO much younger than the other "round the block gals". She is 38, just like Suzanne (claims to be, hahahhahaha) and Stacy CLAIMS to be 39... (that's even funnier).

So, because she looks so young (more like the daughters' ages) we forget the real ages of the women. She did not look right with him. She usually dates younger men, she said, so Marty would not have been right for her.

She looks young, and would look much better with a mature younger guy.

IMO Marilyn or Suzanne look best with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    What did I do wrong?

I put up a good fight to get the love I need but it wasn't right, wasn't meant to be. Not with me. . . .

THOSE ARE THE WORDS TO THE STUPID SONG PLAYING AS MELANIE HITS THE ROAD (WITHOUT LETTING THE DOOR HIT HER ON THE BUM ON HER WAY OUT OF IT)
    I KNOW!!! I'm one of those people who don't (doesn't?) catch songs in movies very often, but the words to this song were so over the top even I noticed them! And the music.....this show is so SCHMALTZY, you just have to believe it's done tongue-in-cheek--at least I hope so. Gad, it is truly awful. :phhht :phhht And yet, pathetic me still watches......is there no hope for me?!?!?!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Still don't like Stacey. Her vows seemed SOOO convtrived. I....don't..... like......... the.......... way.......... she.......... speaks........... with.. all ....... the ...... pauses...... . She comes across as bitter and manipulative. I don't get a warm vibe from her at all.

Suzanne - I thnk she really digs Marty (go figure) but I don't think its a forever thing with her. More like she's winning a pageant or something. I think she'd eventually turn on the girls. JMO.

Marilyn I like. I hope she doesn't get hurt.
    ADKLove -- you and I think exactly alike. These words were running through my head last night, too.

I'm glad Melanie left the show, though. She seemed too sweet for this show. She's better off. However, did anyone else notice the sweat in Melanie's cleavage? It was shining so brightly I grabbed my sunglasses!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    The promo originally showed a wider shot of Marty on his knee proposing to a blonde woman in a black dress. They cropped it and now we only see a very thin arm and "older" hand accepting the ring. I think Suzanne is the choice. Anyone else catch this?

I have been thinking that his connection with Suzanne is the strongest but I have been influenced with what I saw or thought I saw. Marilyn is my favorite and I am rooting for her. I am taken with her beauty.

I am puzzled as to why the daughters thought Stacey's vows were the best. They seemed dull, short and void of any connection to me.

The editing is telling a story as we soooooooooo well know. Seems Stacy and Suzanne are out to win at all costs and Marilyn is the underdog. Given this Marilyn should take it but that blonde in the first two promo's I saw haunts me. I DO NOT like Suzanne.

FORT Fanatic
    What I don't like about Suzanne is that she seems to be playing the game and she's playing the girls. Her vows were all about the girls...not about Marty (or Marlin) as she called him.

I get the impression she's on a mission to be a trophy wife

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Her vows were all about the girls...not about Marty (or Marlin) as she called him.
    I thought she called him "Marlin" -- was that intentional? I couldn't tell if she did that on purpose, as in they have a little joke between them, or if she really doesn't know his name!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I thought she called him "Marlin" -- was that intentional? I couldn't tell if she did that on purpose, as in they have a little joke between them, or if she really doesn't know his name!
    His real name is Marlon C. Okland, age 47. After an internet search I came up with Cindy Okland, age 47, possibly his ex-wife.

Anyway, she was right calling him by his full name. They must have asked him that when they had him alone in their bedroom. What's he doing in their bedroom, anyway? Oh never mind, I forgot, they must ALL think of themselves as engaged to him.

Closed Thread