Closed Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion thread ***Spoilers

Stacy scares me.

I keep looking at the hand he is putting the ring on, and there is just clear nail polish on the fingernails. I think Stacy had a french manicure tonight in her wedding gown, which makes me think her hand was not the one in the promo for the proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Still don't like Stacey. Her vows seemed SOOO convtrived. I....don't..... like......... the.......... way.......... she.......... speaks........... with.. all ....... the ...... pauses...... . She comes across as bitter and manipulative. I don't get a warm vibe from her at all.

Suzanne - I thnk she really digs Marty (go figure) but I don't think its a forever thing with her. More like she's winning a pageant or something. I think she'd eventually turn on the girls. JMO.

Marilyn I like. I hope she doesn't get hurt.
    I agree on all counts ADK. Stacy seems totally bitter and manipulative. Seems like the only time she's nice is in front of Marty. Bad sign. Suzanne seems like she has a nice side and I do think she likes Marty, but she also seems "on" all the time. Like bring on the tiara. Marilyn seems like the most real and her vows did feel heartfelt.

Although it was creepy that they had to write vows for a guy they've know, what? A week. I've liked Melanie all along. Very level-headed and well-spoken. I'd imagine she'd have men falling at her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules
    Degrading or not, these women all signed up for it, voluntarily. I think people get wrapped up in the excitement and forget that every last detail will be exposed and they can get dumped on national television.
    Yes, but this show takes the degradation way too far IMO. C'mon, making Nicole stand out in front of the church in her wedding gown and get picked up by a taxi that says "just elimated" on the back? Yikes. And making Melanie leave the house in her wedding dress? Couldn't they let her change into jeans first? Sheesh!

And while I'm ranting, unless they're not showing any deep conversations between the women and Marty, how do they really know what kind of guy he is? I haven't seen him have one real-life conversation with any of the women.

This show is EVIL, and I'm going to hell!

I knew I should have turned it off when they made the five women stand out on that busy street in their wedding gowns while the girls made the decision. And when they left Nicole standing on the church steps in a wedding gown, I knew I should have turned it off, but I kept watching right up till the point where they had Melanie rolling her suitcase down the street in a wedding gown.

This show makes a mockery of everything about marriage, and it's really sadistic in the process. I really hope I have enough self-control to not watch it next week, but I'm not making any promises. I'm so ashamed!!!

Somebody help me.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    This show makes a mockery of everything about marriage, and it's really sadistic in the process. I really hope I have enough self-control to not watch it next week, but I'm not making any promises. I'm so ashamed!!!
    Yes, it is sexist and degrading and awful. And like you, I can't wait until Monday nights to watch it. What's wrong with me? I thought I was a feminist. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    There's something about Stacy that annoys me... this is the first time I've watched this... so I don't know what they're like, but I really don't like Stacy for some reason....
    She seems very cold and calculating.

The way stacey speaks really bothers me. Just something about it grates on my nerves. I am not a big fan of her.

Suzanne's constant updo is just too silly and old. The expressions she makes with her mouth are also bothersome.

Finally, I think Marty is hot for Marylin. His body language around her seems to be very protective, gentle and caring.

I am really curious to see who Marty and the daughters are disagreeing about in the preview. Should be an interesting decision....

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    I am really curious to see who Marty and the daughters are disagreeing about in the preview. Should be an interesting decision....

They didn't show the preview on the station I was watching. What else did it show? Is next week the final episode?

Boy, Miss Griss is right on with her analysis! This show steps over the boundaries of human descency. What level of humiliation will future reality shows go to for ratings ? Seems NBC is the most cut throat; Fox a close 2nd (Paradise Hotel, Forever Eden) I was feeling a bit squeamish watching those full grown women in wedding gowns holding hands in a circle outside the church crying. Something about it felt wrong. And I am glad to see I am not alone in my analysis.

That promo for next week stunk! I'll tune in anyway.

Marilyn's vows made me tear up. I'm such a spaz! Maybe because I think her and Marty could potentially have something. I like the way she answers her lie detector questions, but that may just be editing.

Suzanne and Stacy are there to win, plain and simple. I used to say that no one could beat Suzie, but I don't know now. Even so, Suzie might be in the final 2 if Stacy doesn't up the ante.

The whole wedding dress thing was dumb, but I loved seeing the women eating pizza, and Suzie's look of disgust. It's not like she paid for it!! I hope the girls picked up on that.

I liked Melanie. I thought she was good-natured and ready to fall in love. I hope she kept that dress!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Closed Thread