Closed Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion thread ***Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Anger! WHY would anyone be ANGRY over a tv show?
    I am not angry, I am sarcastic, perhaps, but not angry. Sorry if that is how you read me. Hey FORT friends, do I really come off as angry?

If anything, I am peaceful. I have an opinion and may express it, funny or not, but I have never said I hated anyone. That is anger.

As for being here alot. I own an internet business, so I am online alot! Funny thing is, I sell "wedding invitations" around the world!! Can't be too angry in a sentimental and fun business like that.

Sorry if you misread me...
    You Angry!!! .. She has kept me in stitches with her cute little antics on these posts. Keep 'em coming Lil She hasn't been rude to anyone, she has merely stated her opinion, which is what we are allowed to do here. Some of us dont like Stacy on this show, so get over it. It's only TV! Geez... Speaking of wedding invitations Lil, maybe you can design Marty and Farty's

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    You Angry!!! .. She has kept me in stitches with her cute little antics on these posts. Keep 'em coming Lil She hasn't been rude to anyone, she has merely stated her opinion, which is what we are allowed to do here. Some of us dont like Stacy on this show, so get over it. It's only TV! Geez... Speaking of wedding invitations Lil, maybe you can design Marty and Farty's
    I will check my suppliers and see if they have any in the shape of "gas inducing" corn chips.

I bet their wedding will be a "real blow out".

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    what I want to know is do you have inside info that proves they chose stacy?? Because I havent a clue and was wondering how you got that info... If in fact it is her, how do you know they arent taking it slow???
    I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about who was or wasn't picked. I don't know who was picked.

I'm talking about all of the women and what we've seen happen so far -- which is women saying in tears that they love Marty and love his daughters, and consider themselves engaged to him, and are actually picturing a wedding, and that they want him so badly, and so on -- and the apparent fact that, at the end, he proposed marriage and somebody (and I assume it's likely that at least all the three or four women left as the show neared the end) was willing to say, Yes. ... I mean, once you've told someone that you'll marry him, and said on national tv that you're deeply emotionally involved with him, and love him, how slow could you go after that? You'd be pretty much stuck with having already declared intense emotional involvement, I would think, no matter how much you tried to slow the thing down in other ways.

I realize that's the premise of the show. But I'd like to know under what circumstances adult women with experience -- as opposed to the 23-year-olds that mostly populate The Bachelor, for example -- are willing to put themselves into a situation where the atmosphere pushes them into feelings of committed, weeping love for somebody they've known for three weeks, dated only in very artificial circumstances, and dated at the same time that the person was dating a bunch of other people. ...

If it were me, I don't think I'd go into such a situation actually thinking I wsa going to get even a serious boyfriend. I can't imagine thinking that it would be anything much beyond a lark. And I think that most people who've been divorced even once -- particularly people whose marriages have lasted under ten years -- tend to feel that one problem with their marriages is that they learned so many things about their spouses only *after* the vows were said, and those things led to big disillusionment.

So that's why I'm curious about the really intense feelings some of the women, including Stacy, have been having/expressing over the past few episodes. What kind of belief system lets you let yourself in for such a potential letdown? (I think I might like to borrow some of it, actually, since I pretty much go the exact opposite way -- extreme caution ... )

FORT Regular
    I dated my husband for 9 months, no babies, and on the 2nd date, I knew that I would marry him. It is both our 1st marriages and we have been married almost 20 years! so it does work for some people, a whirlwind romance.

----------Hey Marty,pull my finger
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

... Zaam.. you are too much

"pull my finger"

If she is the one to get the ring on the Finale.. I wont be able to watch it without thinking about this pull my finger post

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    If it were me, I don't think I'd go into such a situation actually thinking I wsa going to get even a serious boyfriend. I can't imagine thinking that it would be anything much beyond a lark. And I think that most people who've been divorced even once -- particularly people whose marriages have lasted under ten years -- tend to feel that one problem with their marriages is that they learned so many things about their spouses only *after* the vows were said, and those things led to big disillusionment.

So that's why I'm curious about the really intense feelings some of the women, including Stacy, have been having/expressing over the past few episodes. What kind of belief system lets you let yourself in for such a potential letdown? (I think I might like to borrow some of it, actually, since I pretty much go the exact opposite way -- extreme caution ... )
    I can see where you are coming from here. Having been divorced myself, would have a hard time putting myself in this kind of scenario on a Reality TV show, because of the fact that I have learned to be extra cautious when selecting a mate. I dont put my heart out on the line, unless I am for sure it is a real thing. It took me forever to learn how to trust again. I would think these girls are setting themselves up for a heartbreak, especially when they are eliminated. I am sure though they know that before going into the thing, and its a risk they take.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    If she is the one to get the ring on the Finale.. I wont be able to watch it without thinking about this pull my finger post

OMG, CB. WHAT if he "accidentally" pulls her finger putting the ring on it. Well! There goes that moment... poof!.

Closed Thread