Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 244

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion thread ***Spoilers

  1. #211
    FORT Fan lil'olme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    Well, here's another question. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable with this one. What has Stacy said to you about exactly *why* she went on the show? This is a question I would like to put to *all* the women, especially the ones that have been burned by previous unhappy marriage experiences, but since you're here ...

    For me, I would be scared to death to get into a situation that, in itself, accelerated and intensified the process of feeling you've fallen in love with somebody. That's what these shows seems to do -- it certainly seems that it's happened to Stacy over the past couple episodes ... Yet as I have grown older and accumulated more love experiences, I've grown a lot more leery of jumping into things too fast and letting my feelings get pushed way beyond my actual knowledge of somebody. I would think that would be extra true for somebody who's been divorced more than once ...

    Is Stacy just an eternal optimist or something? I'd be very nervous in her position on this show. None of them really know much of *anything* about Marty, and vice versa ...
    well stated... I 2nd that.

  2. #212
    FORT Fan lil'olme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    our local newspaper said that she is an eternal romantic...who wouldnt want true love & to find a soul mate?

    Wouldn't you take more precautions getting involved with someone, especially when she has a child to set an example for?? At 39 Stacy is not a kid.

    Do we know if all the contestants had been married before and had kids? OUtside of Feline Nicole, who gave birth to kittens.

  3. #213
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Wouldn't you take more precautions getting involved with someone, especially when she has a child to set an example for?? At 39 Stacy is not a kid.

    Do we know if all the contestants had been married before and had kids? OUtside of Feline Nicole, who gave birth to kittens.
    last night someone on here asked about children. since you know about this, you could answer it for them. I told them I was not answering any marriage or children questions, esp if the children are under 18.

    I dont know if the others have children, Im sure they do, I remember some did and they said it on the show I believe. I just cant remember who!

  4. #214
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    26
    Wow! I don't check in for one day, and all heck has broken loose! I would like to address some things that TM and had enough raised.

    I am from Ardmore. I have known Stacy since Jr. High, and we have many mutual acquaintances, including her 3rd/4th ex-husband. I say acquaintances because most of the people I know no longer consider her a friend. I'm sorry if you have found my comments hurtful. However, I have not stated one fact that isn't true. Stacy knows it, and if you are really a good friend of hers, you know it to. It's possible, since you say that you've only known her 9 years, that much of this happened before you became friends. I can't remember the exact year that she and RC got together. I have also expressed my opinion, which I'm entitled to do. My opinion is based upon things I know and things I've been told by people I trust. Stacy opened herself up by going on a national television show, especially with all her skeletons. I have not called her names, nor attacked her appearance.

    As far as why I didn't respond to Stacy's private message, it's because I think the only reason she contacted me in that way is to find out who I am. I have no problem with telling her to her face what I think of some of the things she's done. But I have seen evidence that she can be hateful and vindictive. Frankly, I don't want to deal with it, or possibly expose others to her wrath.

    Finally, had enough, no, I wouldn't turn heads when I walk in a room. I don't really see what that has to do with anything, but you asked. If that's how you measure a person, great. It's not how I measure people.

    Sorry to bore everyone else with this, but since I was sort of "called out", I felt I should respond.

    And once more, for the record, Stacy has been married 4 times to 3 different men. Their initials are CJ, CL, and RC. TM and had enough, why did she lie about that?

  5. #215
    FORT Fan lil'olme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    last night someone on here asked about children. since you know about this, you could answer it for them. I told them I was not answering any marriage or children questions, esp if the children are under 18.

    I dont know if the others have children, Im sure they do, I remember some did and they said it on the show I believe. I just cant remember who!

    Anyone BESIDES TigerMom can feel free to reply to my "general" question about getting involved with someone after SO many failed attempts.

    Also, anyone know anything about kids with the other ladies. Melanie and Nicole are the only ones that I think that did not for sure. I heard rumblings about Marilyn having kids, true?? (God, hope she did not breastfeed. Those kids will have stretchmarks around their mouths.)
    (OOOps! Hope I am not in trouble for that joke, I was only kidding FORT patrollers.)

  6. #216
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    our local newspaper said that she is an eternal romantic...who wouldnt want true love & to find a soul mate?
    Sure ... but I was talking about *how* you find them. ...

    And whether getting burned before wouldn't make you want to take the more careful route -- like, getting to know them *extensively* in the real world before you find yourself swept up into romantic promises of eternal love on tv. Like, apparently truthfully answering the lie detector question Yes when asked if you want the person for better or worse. When you've only known them three weeks, I'm surprised that these adult women -- in Stacy's case, for example, with more than one bad marriage experience behind her -- wouldn't feel they'd be better off taking it slower. ....

    IN other words, I'm surprised that the show is not mainly populated by never-been-married-before-and-maybe-never-been-out-of-the-convent-before women! I'm curious about what keeps somebody optimistic about quickie romance when they've had more than one divorce in a fairly short period (we're talking women under 40 here, after all).

    But I'm guessing this is something you and Stacy haven't discussed ... since you're quoting a newspaper article for the answer? .... If you two have discussed it, why not tell us what she said? It doesn't seem to me to be the kind of privacy-sensitive family-history-involved type question that talking about her previous marriages woudl be ...

  7. #217
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    78
    ss she didnt lie, nbc knows it all!

    thanks for your reply. sorry if you thought I was bashing you, I wasnt. as for the standing up at the wedding, I just do not know where that came from. you are so right in that you have a right to express your opinion. So do I, and I am sticking up for stacy.

  8. #218
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    26
    TM - I'm sorry to disagree, and I don't want to start anything ugly, but she did actually lie. When they revealed the "bad fact" that she had been married 3 times, she said "Yes, I married my second husband twice." That is just not true. She married her 3rd husband twice.

    Also, the "standing up at the wedding" comes from the fact that she was in RC's wedding to JC 24 years ago.

  9. #219
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13
    Hey everyone!! Just have been reading this today... first time on here since I do have more important things to do with my day. One of my co-workers was telling me about this message board and how they were bashing our Stacy! I work with Stacy and have known her now for almost 3 years. I just wanted to give my two cents in to let you all know that yes, first off I am a native TEXAN! With an accent! That Stacy is a great person and a good friend of mine who is always there for me when I need her. She is very sincere and sweet... it's funny to read all about how "evil" you all think she is.. HELLO don't you all know that a reality tv show doesn't really mean that it's real?? It's TV! Anyhow I just see that lilome is on here A LOT! WOW, it sounds like it to me that you have a lot of anger inside! You know people shouldn't Judge people unless they really know them. I know that I don't have the right to Judge anyone... and I won't. Anyhow I hope that you all have a wonderful day ... just wanted you to know that Stacy is a great person and I am glad that I know her personaly...

    Take care !

  10. #220
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    Sure ... but I was talking about *how* you find them. ...

    And whether getting burned before wouldn't make you want to take the more careful route -- like, getting to know them *extensively* in the real world before you find yourself swept up into romantic promises of eternal love on tv. Like, apparently truthfully answering the lie detector question Yes when asked if you want the person for better or worse. When you've only known them three weeks, I'm surprised that these adult women -- in Stacy's case, for example, with more than one bad marriage experience behind her -- wouldn't feel they'd be better off taking it slower. ....

    IN other words, I'm surprised that the show is not mainly populated by never-been-married-before-and-maybe-never-been-out-of-the-convent-before women! I'm curious about what keeps somebody optimistic about quickie romance when they've had more than one divorce in a fairly short period (we're talking women under 40 here, after all).

    But I'm guessing this is something you and Stacy haven't discussed ... since you're quoting a newspaper article for the answer? .... If you two have discussed it, why not tell us what she said? It doesn't seem to me to be the kind of privacy-sensitive family-history-involved type question that talking about her previous marriages woudl be ...
    what I want to know is do you have inside info that proves they chose stacy?? Because I havent a clue and was wondering how you got that info... If in fact it is her, how do you know they arent taking it slow???

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.