Closed Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion thread ***Spoilers

OK. His name is Marlon, but he goes by Marty -- that makes as much sense as the whole rest of the show!!!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I think Stacy won the vow competition because she's a good actress, as opposed to Machel, who you could see straight through. To make her words, sincere, she slows them down. She initiated the kiss with Marty, which got the reaction from the girls she wanted. She worked those girls over like a pro.

Marilyn's vows were honest and touching, at least as honest as they could be in that situation. Suzanne's had goals, to win over the girls. Melanie's were okay. I'm rooting for Marilyn.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Stacy had a lot more experience with vows. She has been married 3 times (twice to the same man). So she obviously knows how to reel them in!!! HaHaHaHa!

FORT Newbie
    The whole vows thing creeped me out. But of course I did watch and I am ready to critique.

Suzanne's vows were very good but seemed very rehearsed and without true emotion. And they mentioned the three girls too much.

I can't really remember what Melanie said. I think most of it was good, but I didn't get much indication of anything said that was truly meaningful.

Stacy? Flippant and over-confident. More like - "hey cowboy let's make light of the vows and just get to the kissin' "

Marilyn - I thought those were some of the most beautiful vows that I have ever heard. I could truly picture those vows being said at someone's wedding and I really felt that she meant what she was saying. And the chemistry with Marty was undeniable. He was just blown away by her. And I don't think it's just a looks thing. I think she carries herself with such class and her demeanor is so gentle that Marty feels like he wants to be with her for many reasons.

So obviously I thought that Marilyn won the vows competition hands down and I was dumbfounded when the girls thought Stacy's streamlined and unemotional vows were the best.

Oh - one other thing. When the daughters were watching the ladies secretly to see what their reactions were to the justice of the peace - Suzanne talked about how financially secure Marty must be since he has put three girls through college - Now, we do not know Marty's true financial standing at all. He could be a frito bandito millionaire for all I know (sorry if I'm not politically correct right now). But he also could be just struggling like most people. Or he could be "comfortable". My point is I was surprised that Suzanne mentioned the financial situation and that makes me very suspicious of her and her true motives. And I was very surprised that the daughters did not question this. Bottom line: Suzanne seems very fake to me. And if she's 38, then I'm 30. (I just shaved 16 years off my age - no harm right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoom
    Bottom line: Suzanne seems very fake to me. And if she's 38, then I'm 30. (I just shaved 16 years off my age - no harm right?)

Suzanne Penny is 38 as is Stacy 39, I verified there ages as best possible online via a tool that I use.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Suzanne Penny is 38 as is Stacy 39, I verified there ages as best possible online via a tool that I use.
    Wow, these ladies don't age very well do they? What will they look like at 50+? Scarey.

Another thought about last night's show. Marty's sadness when he found out Nicole had been barred from the limo in her wedding dress..... He said that he definitely felt a connection with her. What a crock! It was either last week or the week before when talking with his daughters he said out of the remaining women at that point he felt no chemistry or had no strong feelings for Nicole. The producers gotta start supplying their show participants with new lines, these recycled ones are getting kinda threadbare and contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    Another thought about last night's show. Marty's sadness when he found out Nicole had been barred from the limo in her wedding dress..... He said that he definitely felt a connection with her. What a crock! It was either last week or the week before when talking with his daughters he said out of the remaining women at that point he felt no chemistry or had no strong feelings for Nicole..
    Yeah, I noticed that too! I'm glad they finally got rid of her, I hope Stacy goes next :rolleyes
    ~Kristin

Another thought about last night's show. Marty's sadness when he found out Nicole had been barred from the limo in her wedding dress..... He said that he definitely felt a connection with her. What a crock! It was either last week or the week before when talking with his daughters he said out of the remaining women at that point he felt no chemistry or had no strong feelings for Nicole. The producers gotta start supplying their show participants with new lines, these recycled ones are getting kinda threadbare and contradictory.
    It was last week he said that, because the girls had to select two that were really compatable with Marty to help bring his birthday cake out.. then the lie detector man popped out, and Marty was upset because they had selected Marilyn and Sharon to be the girls to help with the cake, after dad specifically told them he had no connection with Nicole. The writers aren't tricking us.. they need to pay closer attention.

Which is why I thought she would have been eliminated last week.
    Love like you never been hurt
    Work like you dont need the money
    Dance like no ones watching

Closed Thread