+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tammy News Article 07/09/04

FORT Newbie

Tammy News Article 07/09/04

Hi,
    I'm new here, so I can't post links to news articles - they didn't let me ... BOO-HOO ... they want to know me better before I can post links.

Anyway, this article is of 07/09/04 and is in the East Valley Tribune. It's about Tammy Clark (from Gilbert, Arizona) who was on this show. The article is titled " Gilbert mom fights for man’s love on ‘Who Wants to Marry My Dad’ ".

Here is a quote from Tammy about Marty from the article: "He’s an attractive gentleman and an all-around nice guy,’’ she says. ‘‘His heart was very into it. He was very sincere about finding love and finding a passionate relationship.’’

Not surprisingly, she is silent about the 3 girls who threw her out!

I really think it sucked they tossed her to the side, because she was defensive about dropping her last name. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I really think it sucked they tossed her to the side,
    I think it sucked because she's quite attractive, she looked great in those glasses...

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    because she was defensive about dropping her last name. :rolleyes
    I don't know, I would hesitate with a women who was that insistent on not changing her name. I just see problems down the road with someone who is that militant about something that isn't that big a deal. She presented it as a deal breaker, and it broke the deal. Maybe she'll mellow with age...

If the Okland's cannot respect how she feels about her family name, then she should be glad to say adios.

I agree with that. How eager would he be to change his name? She is porbably better off out of it. If the girls run the show, she might have a miserable existence.

I think they made a bigger deal of it.. than Tammy IMO.

I've been married for 25 years. My wife never changed her name. It's never mattered to me. Men who have thought it strange that I would not insist that Roberta change her last name have generally been right wing Christians and/or very insecure.

Then there is the phone company who for years could never publish our names correctly.

FORT Fan
    I'm with Tammy on this one. Why should she be expected to change her name? I think this is an issue for the husband and wife to discuss and agree on. The woman is marrying the man, not the children. But on the other hand, the whole concept for this show is about the children choosing the right spouse for the dad. So I guess if you're one of the women, you either buy into the concept...or you go home. Too bad, because I really liked Tammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    I'm with Tammy on this one. Why should she be expected to change her name?
    If you're going to get married and start a family everyone having the same last name creates a sense of unity, of belonging. It's your Family Name. Marty isn't looking to have more kids so that doesn't apply here.

I think this is an issue for the husband and wife to discuss and agree on.
    I think the issue for the kids was that she wasn't willing to discuss it. That would be my issue anyway.

The woman is marrying the man, not the children. But on the other hand, the whole concept for this show is about the children choosing the right spouse for the dad.
    I just have to wonder, what kind of wimp is he that he has to have his kids not only fix him up but make his descision on who to marry? If I was one of the women I would be concerend that Marty is so ____ whipped* that his daughters are controlling his life -- then again, maybe that's a positive trait to some women.

* The first word (it starts with a P) left as a blank because I'm not sure if it would be out of line if I used it.

+ Reply to Thread