+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: The name change thing, remember it is a tightly edited show. There was a comment made that it wasn't "what she said but how she said it..." and perhaps that is what they meant. One can say I prefer to keep my name in a nice, non-threatening way- and one can also say it in a "are you going to challenge me" way. We probably only saw part of the conversation. Just my take on it. It's her decision, I agree. I don't think they would cut her just for opinion but for the way it was given.

FORT Fogey
    The daughters said that it was not the fact that Tammy wanted to keep her name that was the problem, it was how she said it. I noticed that too. She did not merely state her preference but went on to elaborate with an edge to her that was surprizing given the simple question. She snuck in a slam at men in general then turned to Dad and said, would you change your name to mine? Her manner was abrasive and the girls thought this was showing a side of her that was unpleasant. Dont forget they are judging on their experience in the house and many hours we do not see.

Sharon going was a good choice too. They all really liked her but she made it clear that she wanted children. Why bother keeping her on and having Dad get attached to a match that was doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sooner
    But she DIDN'T get the boot! I have a feeling she's going to make it to the end. If those girls only knew what they were really dealing with.

Stacy is no longer one of my favorites. I say Suzanne and Marilyn get to the top 2. She made a vomiting motion when they revealed that Marilyn gives a lot of her time and money to Make a Wish Foundation. HOW STUPID! She should say how cool. She obviously spends her extra cash on weddings. Oh, and her THREE week honeymoon that she talked about. NEWSFLASH to Stacy... he's a Frito Driver... your honeymoon will be 4 nights in a local Howard Johnson.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Can anyone beat Suzie at this point?

That "smart" dog should be on every show.
    My money is on Suzie as well. I feel like I have read the last chapter of the book already.

And as far as the dog, my favorite part was when he could care less about the daughter saying "oh how cute", he said "gimme my treat!"
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    My money is on Suzie as well. I feel like I have read the last chapter of the book already.

And as far as the dog, my favorite part was when he could care less about the daughter saying "oh how cute", he said "gimme my treat!"
    JMO- I think she has some serious competition with Marilyn. Frito Boy seems to really be into Marilyn. I think that the girls are thinking that the 3 other gals that "pointed the finger" at Marilyn may have done that out of jealousy. It seems like Stacy, Suzanne and Nicole are a clique and that Melanie and Marilyn are left out to be by themselves.

Jealousy has reared its ugly head, but they are only showing snippets. I think that there are a LOT more problems than they are showing. But now that ShaRON is gone, they will need to focus on something else. Cattiness ... let the games begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV
    ok so Marilyn says her shoulder hurts too much to shoot, so Marty shoots for her, but when he hit the pigeon, she throws both arms in the air in victory? Her shoulder didn't look too hurt there... and I think the daughters noticed that too.
    I caught that too! I was waiting for someone to yell "FOUL"! How is it she hurt her shoulder? I have missed the previous two episodes, so I've been counting on all your posts to stay caught up. So thanks to all. This show is so lame, though. I think the daughters poo-hooing the "bad facts" is ricidulous. Nude sunbathing -- puhleese! There's nothing wrong in that. And, all the crying! OMG! These girls need to get some Midol or something. And.yet.I.still.watch......... ...
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    ]... he's a Frito Driver... your honeymoon will be 4 nights in a local Howard Johnson.
    Or quite possibly, Motel 6--they'll leave the light on for her!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Or quite possibly, Motel 6--they'll leave the light on for her!
    <--- me

Interesting twist - they're actually going to force them to get married at the end? If so, the daughters better start taking Marty's opinions into account, instead of ignoring him like they did last night.

I'm confused about Marilyn - she seems perfectly nice to me. If she's being so snotty to the other women, why haven't we seen the footage? I get the feeling the rest of them are just threatened by her.

And I'm really not understanding the militant stance on surnames. So you go from having Daddy's last name to having Hubby's last name. It's still a guy's name. The only thing that's yours is your first name.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots

And I'm really not understanding the militant stance on surnames. So you go from having Daddy's last name to having Hubby's last name. It's still a guy's name. The only thing that's yours is your first name.
    I don't view it as "A GUY", he's my dad. It's my family name , the name I was legally given at birth. I personally love my last name. It short, and easy to pronounce.

It's my name. Has been all my life. I am offended when people call me by my husband's last name, and am quick to correct it. Never assume...'cuz you know what happens. Plus if you knew my in-laws, you would not want to take their name, either.

+ Reply to Thread