+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Whooooopsy, I'm Tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sooner
    But she DIDN'T get the boot! I have a feeling she's going to make it to the end. If those girls only knew what they were really dealing with.
    All that typing to wear out my fingers so I can fall asleep, well, I guess it's finally worked.

Sorry about that, Sass! I got her confused with Tammy for a minute. I was doing so well at keeping them straight for a while, but then I got confused at the end.

Well Sassy, take heart and know that for the most part I was paying attention!

Heck, I even remembered what you wrote about Stacy in the "LADIES" thread.

Thanks for reminding me that she's still in the running.

FORT Fogey
    It might be kind of fun to see this numbskull Botox Boy end up with someone whose background is so different from what she's represented to people on the show.

It may be just what's needed to let these reality TV guys know that things CAN get out of hand.

Somehow, though, I think Botox Boy will end up with Marilyn or Suzanne. I think it'll be Marilyn.

Not only is he attracted to her but she lives in Denver, Colorado and he's only up the road, about 20 miles away, in Longmont, Colorado.

FORT Regular

More Kudos for Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Good for Tammy! When I married 15 yrs ago I, too, refused to change my name. We have 2 boys. My name is MY name, end of subject. I think a woman changing her name is so "male dominant", but that is JMO. If they got rid of her for THAT, then she should be glad to go. I would have been.
    I really lost respect for the daughters for sending her home for that. My husband and I were both completely disgusted.

I sort of changed my name - I hyphenated. I'm still trying to get my husband to hyphenate, too. He's agreed to let our children have the hyphenated name, and he's willing to use the two names socially, but he isn't (so far) interested in changing it legally.

I felt pretty strongly about retaining my name in some form. If he had insisted I change it, it might have been a deal-breaker, but at this stage of my life I don't think I would ever have gotten involved with the type of man who would insist.

I think the important thing is that Tammy stood firm on something she believed in rather than telling the girls what they wanted to hear. If they got rid of her for that, I imagine being their step mom would not be a pleasant experience. She dodged a bullet and will be all the better for it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRose
    I sort of changed my name - I hyphenated. I'm still trying to get my husband to hyphenate, too. He's agreed to let our children have the hyphenated name, and he's willing to use the two names socially, but he isn't (so far) interested in changing it legally.
    When I got married we tried hyphenating our names, decide that it was too long. Besides people would randomly drop one or the other and we never knew how we would be alphabetized. So, I took his last name, and he took my maiden name as his middle name. So we both took each other's name in some form. All our kids have my maiden name as their middle name and his as a last name. What will they do when they get married? - who knows? - their problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRose
    I felt pretty strongly about retaining my name in some form. If he had insisted I change it, it might have been a deal-breaker, but at this stage of my life I don't think I would ever have gotten involved with the type of man who would insist.
    Exactly - if Marty was the type of person who would insist, then he is not right for her. What really annoyed me was how the daughters asked her if she would change her name if it was really important to their dad, and I kept thinking - it's obviously really important to her - can't they just respect that? Then they tried to characterize her as not being able to "compromise." These daughters clearly do not get why a woman would chose to not change her name. They just seem to miss the point.

And I really think these dopey girls, just like the kids on the show last season, just want to pick the woman who will most coddle their dad and live to be his wife - not someone who has her own identity and would be a 50-50 partner in life.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    The last elimination should have been a slam dunk....if Dad tells you straight out that he's not interested in one of the women, why the HECK wouldn't you just make it easy on yourself and vote her off?? Not that I think subliminal Sharon would have made it to the end (I'm betting on Marilyn and Susie) but still.......if these eliminations are truly so heartwrenching, etc etc, blah blah blah...why not just boot old Nicole or Stacy now? (Since suddenly I can't remember which one it was he said he had no "connection" with.... And was she the one married three or four times or the stalker? LOL) I can't keep my brunettes straight apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Good for Tammy! When I married 15 yrs ago I, too, refused to change my name.
    Good for you! I wouldn't change my name either. My dad raised me and I will keep his name forever.

This show gets cornier every week. The music is just over the top dumb, but at least they got rid of *Subliminal message* Sharon. Telling the women a wedding will happen in the end is a bad choice. I think they should let them decide when and where the wedding is. Just a ratings ploy and a bad one at that.

Interesting show tonight. I agree with Clipse that the music is just corny. Keeps getting sappier each week.

In regards to changing names...it is such a personal choice. When I first married, I was firmly established in my profession with my family name. I chose to keep it for business purposes. After 2 children and 8 years of marriage, I went to the DMV last week with my marriage license in hand and added my husbands last name to mine. Stricly a personal decision. (Although I almost changed my mind after waiting for 3 hours). Never at any time did my husband ask or expect me to change my name. When I told him I did, it didn't even phase him. I guess it is such a small matter in the big scheme of things. At Marty's and the age of these women, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Interesting show tonight. I agree with Clipse that the music is just corny. Keeps getting sappier each week.

In regards to changing names...it is such a personal choice. When I first married, I was firmly established in my profession with my family name. I chose to keep it for business purposes. After 2 children and 8 years of marriage, I went to the DMV last week with my marriage license in hand and added my husbands last name to mine. Stricly a personal decision. (Although I almost changed my mind after waiting for 3 hours). Never at any time did my husband ask or expect me to change my name. When I told him I did, it didn't even phase him. I guess it is such a small matter in the big scheme of things. At Marty's and the age of these women, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Just my opinion.
    Yea that. If Tammy and Marty got married, he wouldn't be calling her by her last name, girls! Now that stand to my dad and say OUR name makes sense. But it's a really a fun party game...
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread