+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lie Detector

Let me clarify for Zeus...the ladies were actually asked questions and did take a pseudo-lie detector test with the daughters in the room. However, the answers they actually gave at the time and what we are seeing each week are not the same in most cases. Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by TvSultan
    Let me clarify for Zeus...the ladies were actually asked questions and did take a pseudo-lie detector test with the daughters in the room. However, the answers they actually gave at the time and what we are seeing each week are not the same in most cases. Trust me

Well, there you go! You've completely shattered my faith in the networks and Reality TV. Oh, the shame... :phhht

FORT Newbie
    LIE DETECTOR TEST LIES LIKE HELL!

A lie detector once claimed that I lied about never having taken illegal drugs.

To be honest with you, I have never taken illegal drugs.

But the lie detector test does not believe me!

I don't think people are very intelligent when they believe in lie detector tests.

Okay, so we have mock-lie detector tests shown... maybe.

Why are we dismissing the possibility that they might be backed up by real tests off camera? Or that the broadcast parts (including some obviously post-produced stuff like the reactions of the girls) are only a small portion of several hours of testing not shown?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I've often wondered if a lie detector test would say you're lying if you FELT like you were lying...have you ever told the truth but felt like you were lying?

FORT Newbie
    And what if it's such an ambiguous question that you start thinking, "Well, if they mean this then my answer would be true, but if they mean that, then my answer would be false...what do they mean??" How would the test gauge the mental confusion caused by such a question? Probably as a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop
    I've often wondered if a lie detector test would say you're lying if you FELT like you were lying...have you ever told the truth but felt like you were lying?
    YES! I blame it on some deep-rooted Catholic guilt complex from my childhood. I don't think a polygraph machine would possibly be able to properly gauge what's going on in my twisted mind!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

JR.
    I've often wondered if a lie detector test would say you're lying if you FELT like you were lying...
    Sure, it goes by your heart rate. Someone could lie with every answer and still pass. That's why they're not admissible in court, they are just a cool toy really.

Well, if you mean you feel bad because you know that no one believes you...hell yes, all the time. That's always been one of my biggest problems; I am honest, sometimes too much so, but for some reason I have a problem with not looking people in the eye and so forth, so I give a bad impression. And I can't pass a polygraph for anything, or at least I couldn't when I was younger and applying for jobs in retail and so forth.
    Is that what you mean?

Qboots, I'm not Catholic; do you think this happens to Presbyterians too?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Sure, it goes by your heart rate. Someone could lie with every answer and still pass. That's why they're not admissible in court, they are just a cool toy really.
    It measures all kinds of other stuff too, like body temperature, reflexive movements and so forth.
    But, if you really don't care that you're lying, and have no consience about it, you can breeze right through!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast