+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 6/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kids have easy decisions so far, I think. I wonder who is the one they send packing against their father's will next week. Sharon was something else, but I have to say my favorite line of the show was one of the girls commenting on Sharon's subliminal talk with a subliminal line inserted.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I was so hoping they would kick both women off the show. Sharon is annoying and talks sideways out of her mouth (subliminally and dishonestly). She reminds me of the psychopath dude on Mr. Personality that was practicing hypnosis and subliminal messaging. Maybe they should exchange phone #'s.
    Sharon is definitely psycho!!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Sharon is definitely psycho!!
    But, c'mon. Without the psychos, what would we have that is shallow to talk about? Oh, wait, we do have the daughters, his job, the plastic surgeries... never mind. We'd have other things to talk about. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Machel is a total actress. I bet she prolonged every moment she had in front of the camera. She could've been different, but I think she felt pressure to kiss him. Still, no sympathies. She didn't have to blast the entire family like that.
    It sure seemed like she had to get in a bit more auditioning, in case any producers were looking to cast a 40-ish fake blonde! What did she think they'd do after her little speech - change their minds?!?! :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by watsondog
    So saying one adult word is 'having a potty mouth'? What convent did they drag this aunt out of?
    She did come across as nun-like... or very stern teacher... maybe Sunday school teacher... a little TOO prim & proper....

The girls who was asked to leave has no pride. It was just shameful to watch beg and gravel for a chance to redeem herself. It was even pathetic that no one helped down the stairs with the bouncing suitcases.

Velveeta, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    "I never lied to you..."

LOOK AT THE LIE DETECTOR RESULTS BIOTCH!

You know, I thought that 'For Love or Money' was the lowest they could go in reality programming. Then this show descended upon us! This program is making the first 'Joe Millionaire' seem positively classy . . .

The discomfort level just keeps growing & growing, overlaid with syrupier and syrupier music, as if to distract us from how uncomfortable this show is! Dr. Freud, were he still with us, would be having a field day with the whole premise--I squirmed right along with the girls as they watched their father kiss eight women in the space of . . .two hours? Even a kissing booth contestant at the fair doesn't see that much lip action! Those 'dates' were pathetic--each woman got, what, 10 minutes of makeout time with Marty, crammed into a tire swing and a wet bathing suit? To even call these little mini-makeout sessions a 'date' is ridiculous.

The lie detector tests are the most entertaining part of the show for me, by far, but I'm questioning the whole purpose of them, since the daughters' reasoning processes seem altogether absent. To be fair, each victim in the hot seat ought to get the same questions. "Do I bore you at times?' is hardly on the same level of importance to Dad's future happiness as 'Have you ever cheated on a boyfriend?'

Machel got the softball questions like, 'Do I bore you?', and was booted for lying. Meanwhile, Sharon, the one who got to stay was posed real deal-breakers like: "Have you ever stolen out of your SO's wallet?" "Are you a cheater?" "You don't really want to marry a man with kids, do you?" She answered "Yes" to all these rather critical questions, showing that, OK, her 'honesty' as such is rather selective--she'll tell the truth when strapped into electrodes, but has no problem stealing & cheating on a boyfriend, presumably when she's not going to be caught out on national TV.

So--Sharon 'passed' her test--by admitting to some pretty awful character flaws. Machel 'flunked' by telling some white lies about the interestingness of Brooke's personality. I submit that all 'lies' are not the same in caliber or quality . . .the woman is trying to get in good with a man's family whom she barely knows--who among us wouldn't squelch our true feelings in the interests of not hurting feelings? Though--when you're strapped up to a polygraph is not the time to sugarcoat the truth, regardless of motivation.

So--Machel gets booted for showing at best, poor judgement, while psycho-brainwashing chick Sharon with her subliminal messages gets to stay because she admitted that she's a thief and a runaround? Sheesh.

I think the daughters were far more threatened by Machel, who is very blonde & sexy--maybe the antithesis of their mom. The question remains--are they trying to find the woman who most closely resembles the woman that Marty once loved, or are they going to go out on a limb and choose their mother's opposite? In next week's episode, it appears that they boot the woman Marty likes most (I'm guessing Marilyn because 1. She's the prettiest one there, and 2. They didn't approve of whatever Marilyn was doing with their dad under that blanket. So that makes me wonder if they (or most likely the producers) really give a rat's butt about Marty's happiness.

I'm thinking--not!
    Last edited by hikari; 06-29-2004 at 01:11 PM.

FORT Fan
    Hikari, you are soooo right about the unfairness of the questions given to Sharon and Machel. All of Machel's questions dealt with how she related to the girls. And of course the girls are all-important here.

As for the "you love me" stuff - can that possibly have been real? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Creepy in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    And may I say... some of those bods... wear coverups, ladies.
    um these women are all past their physical 'prime' and they still look amazing. They are 40 not 20 - cut them some slack.. continue to slag the father for his wandering eye .. and tongue
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    um these women are all past their physical 'prime' and they still look amazing. They are 40 not 20 - cut them some slack.. continue to slag the father for his wandering eye .. and tongue
    I must say, regardless of what I think about the women as people, none of them have to be ashamed of showing off their bodies. (Now, their taste in swimwear is another category . . .some of those suits were hideous!)

I am younger than most of the contestants, and I don't look that good in a bathing suit. I have NEVER looked that good in a bathing suit. Heck, I haven't owned a two-piece since I was seven years old! Far from seeing bodies 'past their prime', I see hundreds and hundreds of hours of committed work at the gym. Good for them.

The worst body there, hands down, belonged to Marty, though he still looks pretty good for his age. On the other hand, I think most of the women could exchange heads with the Bachelor contestants who are 20 years younger, and it'd be hard to tell the difference.

+ Reply to Thread