+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie Guy II: The Inferior Sequel

Lie Guy II: The Inferior Sequel

The original "Lie Guy", Nick Savastano, is gone and has been replaced by some wanna-be--with a tenth of the charm. Since I'm still annoyed by this poor choice (if Nick wanted money GIVE it to him), I thought I'd start a place to grumble about it.

Give love to Nick, or reactions to the New Lie Guy, here.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.
    I miss Nick too. He always made me chuckle when they showed his reactions to the contestant's answers.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I miss Nick too. He always made me chuckle when they showed his reactions to the contestant's answers.

It was funny when the new guy held his hand in the middle for a little and then went to a thumbs down.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    This thread makes me laugh, but I have to agree...it's just not the same without mischievous Nick giving out the lie detector tests. He just had this way of looking smug about the whole process. Bring him back!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I was sooo looking foward to seeing Nick when the women went into the kitchen....then I see this other man!

I even named my goldfish Nick after him.

Think about it. Nick was already so emblamatic--so much the silent star of the show--that when they transitioned from the "Meet/Date/Sleep With My Folks/Kids/Mom/Dog/Whatever" shows into this one, our first sight of Nick was among that crowd of Nick look-alikes. They didn't just have a bunch of gruff looking Lie Guys... they had an indentification that Nick was a focal point of the show.

I can imagine him asking for more money, but I can't imagine it would have broken the budget of this show. I mean geez... it's not like they spend a fortune on a "cast" (free, except Nick) a set (it's a rental) or prizes (isn't the ring for the woman about it--most likely paid for by a sponsor, and maybe a crappy vacation--definitely subsidized and paid for by a sponsor).

Damn, thats why he wasn't there. You might want to add a link to that though. if its true that is sad news and hopefully he will be back for season 3, this new guy doesn't match up to him at all.

Okay, I suppose I don't have to hate this version of the show then. I mean other than the fact that it's cheesy and Nick isn't there to steer it in acceptible cheesiness.

FORT Newbie
    Well, maybe Pete will grow on us!

I miss Nick too, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. He was definately the best part of these shows
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast