+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happpened to the couple from the first season?

I didn't watch the show but I did watch the finale... I found it weird that right after the dad eliminated the runner up lady, he asked to kiss her one last time... just before he proposed to the winner lady.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    I didn't watch the show but I did watch the finale... I found it weird that right after the dad eliminated the runner up lady, he asked to kiss her one last time... just before he proposed to the winner lady.

You found it weird because without even watching the show or knowing what was going on YOU ARE SMART and he was head over heals for that girl!!!! They should have picked her and maybe we would have had a success story - I knew they picked the wrong one and I think the Dad just followed through and did the publicity stuff and told her to take a hike because he was "way" attracted to Christy - JMO!!!! Like I said before, why in the world is this "distance thing" always an issue after the fact - don't they EVER talk about if before they make their final choices on these shows!!!! I know the kids made the decision but they could have easily put "Would you be willing to relocate for my Father?" as one of their stupid lie detector questions and problem would be solved - they ask all of these stupid questions like "Would you share your toothbrush with my Father if you went on vacation with him and he forgot his?" Duh..........

Yea, I thought the toothbrush question was really stupid too! Where would they go on vacation where there was NOWHERE to buy another toothbrush?!?! (Oh, maybe The Outback!!)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Yea, I thought the toothbrush question was really stupid too! Where would they go on vacation where there was NOWHERE to buy another toothbrush?!?! (Oh, maybe The Outback!!)

Cute as usual, Berries!!!! I was kinda grossed out by that question, I NEVER let ANYONE use my toothbrush - that is REALLY gross!!!

They only cost like a buck or 2... there's just NO NEED to share 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    They only cost like a buck or 2... there's just NO NEED to share 'em!!
    AMEN!!!!!!!! I'd go to the store myself and my the dang thing for him - but he ain't touching mine!!!! I guess my honesty would not have won over the kids on that test! Oh well, maybe they need a crash course on bacteria and that question would have NEVER been asked....

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    AMEN!!!!!!!! I'd go to the store myself and my the dang thing for him - but he ain't touching mine!!!! I guess my honesty would not have won over the kids on that test! Oh well, maybe they need a crash course on bacteria and that question would have NEVER been asked....
    I remember the question about the toothbrush, but who'd they ask it to? I almost puked at that questions.

Had they asked me I would have said:
    USE MY TOOTHBRUSH?? I wouldn't lend him my toilet brush. Just plain nasty. No, he can't. Kick me off the show if don't like my answer, too. Gross. Next stupid, vague, open-ended, question.

Then, Nick-wannabe would turn and give thumbs down, right? 'Cuz I am lying and I must lend everyone and anyone my toothbrush (as well as my toiletbrush). Such credibility from that lie-detector test.

My impression from WWtMMD #1 is that the kids wanted something more for their dad than just a (high-maintenance) sex object. It looked to me like Don was letting his d*** do all the thinking. (And why not, when you've got lush Christy's big boobs spilling out enticingly from her swimsuit top?)

If that had been my father, I'd have chosen Christena, too. Indeed, I'd find it very unsettling to watch my father continually lusting after and trying to feel up a provocatively dressed woman. I'd want more for my dad than just a sex toy, regardless of what *he* wanted.

Now, if Don had appeared to have more in common with Christy--not that you could necessarily learn that within a few short weeks--it might have been different. Alas, that's not the vibe I got. Would I let Christy and her boobs entrap my father, if I thought there wasn't much else there? Don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    Cute as usual, Berries!!!! I was kinda grossed out by that question, I NEVER let ANYONE use my toothbrush - that is REALLY gross!!!
    You wouldn't let someone who puts his/her tongue in your mouth (and you reciprocate) use your toothbrush? That just seems strange to me... If your significant other is anything like me, (s)he's probably using your toothbrush occasionally and not telling you.

The really strange lie detector question was on Joe Schmo, "If my Husband got sucked into a jet engine and needed a new kidney, would you give him one of yours?" -- If your husband got sucked into a jet engine he's going to need a lot more than a new kidney...

That's prolly why they have a justice of the peace so they actually get married this time
    ~Kristin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast